PDA

View Full Version : what type of gauges to get ?

Samm928
01-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Volt, Boost (BAR/PSI), Vacuum, Water Temperature, Oil Temperature, Oil Pressure (BAR/PSI), Air Fuel Ratio, RPM & Fuel Pressure PSI

which is the normal 3 that you get?

is it.. oil temp, oil pressure, air fuel?

its for a dc2r.

thanks.

Premature Vtec
01-06-2010, 12:30 AM
I see people usually get water temp, oil temp and then anything else

Samm928
01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
isnt water temp the one on the cluster?

xntrik
01-06-2010, 01:39 AM
Oil Temp, Oil Press, Air/fuel.

NSPYRE
01-06-2010, 02:32 AM
oil pressure (most important), oil temp, water temp or AFR

Zilli
01-06-2010, 07:16 AM
i depends on the needs of your car. If you have a standalone ecu and its tuned, the an A/F meter is worthwhile... otherwise id just get water/oil temp and oil pressure for a stock DC2R

aaronng
01-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I've got oil temp and oil pressure on mine. The dash has a digital water temp, so I did not bother with a gauge for that. Air/fuel ratio gauge is great for troubleshooting.

SlobberGoat
01-06-2010, 10:15 AM
A question for those people running an Air/Fuel gauge. All the doco I've seen thats associated to the wideband o2 sensor (bosch etc) says that they're only supposed to be for tuning (ie: they not designed to be a permanent fixture) so wouldn't setting up an permanent O2 with an Air/fuel gauge mean that the setup would fail/break like a week after you installed it all?

EK1.6LCIV
01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
for any four banger I'll ever have as a minium, get an oil pressure gauge (tells you unlike the water gauge stock when the car is in fact properly warmed up as it will be on 17psi thereabout and ready for a beating instead of the high 70+ when at start up cold idle), otherwise optional would be a proper water temp gauge. Also knowing how much nitrous you have ready is pretty valueable too, not that most would ever bother on here but you never know lol. I get mine in imperial as I'm a yank and can't be fked using metric terms ever lol

Samm928
01-06-2010, 10:56 PM
A question for those people running an Air/Fuel gauge. All the doco I've seen thats associated to the wideband o2 sensor (bosch etc) says that they're only supposed to be for tuning (ie: they not designed to be a permanent fixture) so wouldn't setting up an permanent O2 with an Air/fuel gauge mean that the setup would fail/break like a week after you installed it all?

i dont think people would get it if it would break.
if you get what i mean..

think imma go with oil temp/ oil press and air fuel ratio to be plugged into my apexi power fc.

EK1.6LCIV
02-06-2010, 08:30 AM
a/f is a waste of time