PDA

View Full Version : EOI: Topstage Hardtop Conversion

zhong
01-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi all,

I've been talking to Freddy from Topstage (as some of you may know, he has quite a reputation when it comes to carbon fibre/fibreglass composites) to make up a hardtop conversion for the S2000. He agreed to me that if we get enough interests with deposits, he will go down the path and develop the hardtop conversion and produce them for S2000 owners at a fraction of the price of other major branded ones (Seibon/Mugen/Spoon/OEM) which all retail for $US6,000+!

He said if he gets 5 interestees, he can do them for only $3,000 a pop for standard fibreglass composites, a little extra for full dry carbon finish. Not sure wether he'll be including the seals/strikers at this point, but these aren't overly priced from the US anyway. Sounds awesome to me, so I thought I'd share the interest to other S2000 owners who would like to look into converting into hardtop!

Good thing is, we can sort of have a bit of say which brand we would like it to be like but I'm assuming Mugen's style is the way to go.

Your inputs would be great! Otherwise, I'll just have him frabricate myself one-off. ;)

Peace.

vyets
01-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Would be better if he made his own instead of copying one, design from scratch. With $3000 you could get your hands on a replica hardtop from the states so it's not like it's that cheap.

zhong
01-06-2010, 02:10 PM
I would think that he is going to design one from scratch (don't think he is replicating a genuine one). I would imagine that its $3,000 + shipping? I don't know but I'm quite eager for one, and he seem to offer me something locally for a pretty good price IMO so I thought I'd share the love!

We'll see what he comes up with I guess!

vyets
01-06-2010, 02:24 PM
No it would be about $3000 landed

it's just that you said this

Good thing is, we can sort of have a bit of say which brand we would like it to be like but I'm assuming Mugen's style is the way to go

zhong
01-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Could you send me a PM with link! Maybe if this doesn't go through, I can get it directly from the states! :D Yeah, at the moment I don't really know much of how or what the design will be like, but will have to wait for Freddy to show us some sketches or something.

And by saying that, I meant like we can somewhat choose/improve from previous/existing designs, since he is fabraicating them locally! Minus the shipping risks involved with FRP.

3AM
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Would be better if he made his own instead of copying one,

no it wouldn't, have you seen the topstage demo car.... :p

zhong
01-06-2010, 02:56 PM
haha, we'll see what he'll come up with if we can get enough interests. I'll be happy with a mugen style one to be honest with you. I remember you 3AM, what made you go Honda!

jbird
01-06-2010, 03:04 PM
You can buy it for $3k from Mu secret in Sydney even or that other shop in queensland that Xoz got his from. Not including windows/hardware etc.

If there was anything that topstage should make it should be FRP front and rear bumpers.

3AM
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
haha, we'll see what he'll come up with if we can get enough interests. I'll be happy with a mugen style one to be honest with you. I remember you 3AM, what made you go Honda!

still got the sil don't worry, just upgraded my daily driver.

ludecrs
01-06-2010, 05:54 PM
You can buy it for $3k from Mu secret in Sydney even or that other shop in queensland that Xoz got his from. Not including windows/hardware etc.

If there was anything that topstage should make it should be FRP front and rear bumpers.

X2.

Shutting this thread, OzHonda doesn't organise nor is responsible for group buys, and certainly doesn't support replica parts that other companies have spent thousands on doing R&D.

Thread closed.