PDA

View Full Version : head unit wiring

mugeneration
20-12-2004, 07:24 PM
Ok, so i went out and bought some brand new components for my car, with extra thick wiring and everything all seamed peachy, until it got to actually connecting said wiring to the back of the head unit. There is a black plug which plugs into the back of the head unit that all the wiring goes into and all i need to do is remove the existing wires and place in the new ones. If anyone knows how i can do this please help me!

mytoycivic
20-12-2004, 10:00 PM
www.installdr.com

;)

mugeneration
20-12-2004, 11:14 PM
thanks man, not a bad site which will probably come in handy some time, but all i need to know is how to pul the existing wiring out of the plug and replace it with the new wiring (i tried pulling on it with pliers, but its in their pretty firm, i also tried pushing it from the other side with a screw driver, didnt work either)

z3lda
20-12-2004, 11:26 PM
cut it and rewire it to the headunit plug.
when u cut the old plug make sure u leave enough wire so u can put the stock headunit bak in one day

sn00za
07-06-2005, 12:49 AM
no no dont cut it
strip some wire from behind the plug and tap it into it that way. so one day if you want to put your old head unit in you can just cut the new wires and plug the plug back in.. get me?

ICACHA
07-06-2005, 02:00 AM
why not go to your local stockist of AERPRO (WES Components in Ashfield) products and buy the connector that suits your car then you wont have to cut or not cut anything.

do it smarter, NOT harder!!!