PDA

View Full Version : Need header help for ek civic

EK1 Civic
02-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Just wondering if n*power headers are a decent brand? i found some for cheap and just wondering how that compares to xforce or some other header brands. Has anyone got experience with n*power headers?

dougie_504
03-06-2010, 12:04 AM
I think they're decent, probably not as good as XForce but still decent. Flows much better than stock and you'll save some weight. I wouldn't pay XForce prices for a D-series. Go with the N*Power.

mugen_ctr
03-06-2010, 12:18 AM
there pretty rated for what they are, u pay for what u get for i guess

EK1 Civic
03-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Just wondering the comparison between the 2, if one flows better and cheaper the choice is obvious. I don't mind paying extra for a better quality header even if its going on a d engine.

OMG.JAI xD
03-06-2010, 09:48 PM
On a D engine, the max difference in gain would be 2kw at max.

2kw is like taking the spare tyre out.

EK1 Civic
03-06-2010, 10:28 PM
On a D engine, the max difference in gain would be 2kw at max.

2kw is like taking the spare tyre out.

Ah k, may as well go for the cheaper one if it wont make that much difference.

dougie_504
04-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Unfortunately with a D16Y it's very much impossible to make power unless you turbo it. That's why I recommend using cheaper parts that perform better than stock, look great, and won't drain your wallet.

N*Power is probably not as good as XForce for quality/performance, but people who have used them generally say that they're good quality for their price and when you consider the potential of the D-series power gain you may as well go on the cheap. I highly recommend it.

Also, if you want to see any power gain at all you should consider a cheap high-flow catalytic converter (N*Power makes these also) and a cat-back exhaust system (mild-steel and press-bent with a Super Cheap Auto $50 muffler tip). Otherwise your increased exhaust flow will become restricted again at your standard catalytic converter, and then again at your standard cat-back.

EK1 Civic
04-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Unfortunately with a D16Y it's very much impossible to make power unless you turbo it. That's why I recommend using cheaper parts that perform better than stock, look great, and won't drain your wallet.

N*Power is probably not as good as XForce for quality/performance, but people who have used them generally say that they're good quality for their price and when you consider the potential of the D-series power gain you may as well go on the cheap. I highly recommend it.

Also, if you want to see any power gain at all you should consider a cheap high-flow catalytic converter (N*Power makes these also) and a cat-back exhaust system (mild-steel and press-bent with a Super Cheap Auto $50 muffler tip). Otherwise your increased exhaust flow will become restricted again at your standard catalytic converter, and then again at your standard cat-back.

I was thinking of a magnaflow/xforce catback system, but their mandrel bent. Would it be any different to press-bent on an EK1. I like the xforce s12 twinloop muffler, has a great sound, but id like if it would sound a lil louder. Is their any muffler tips that sound similar to the s12 and maybe louder? not to loud though.

ekcoupe
04-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Ive Got n power headers in my d16, there fine an sound great i noticed a difference almost instantly good upgrade for a d series

it is possible to get power out of a d series without turboing it but thats if you know what is best for them, beeza has done a great job with his ek1 an it feels strong/solid.

Mandrel bent is a must i couldnt believe the difference between press an mandrel bent piping, If you have a resonator on the exhaust take it off if ya want it to be louder.

sanelski
04-06-2010, 03:19 PM
N* are pretty good imo .. i have them running on my d15b7

EK1 Civic
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Ok thanks for the info guys. been a lot of help :D