PDA

View Full Version : few noob Q's, offset and suspension EF

goon bag
02-06-2010, 12:25 PM
hey guys, new to the whole honda thing, few questions for you all
(I've been looking around for answers for days, but alas, nothing lol)

1, will same year CRX struts fit in the EF civic?

2 even though coilovers are probably the way to go, how low do aftermaket springs bring a car down, I'm not looking to tuck a 15 inch rim, just like top of the tire

3 spring rates, at a guess I would think 6kg up front and 4kg in the rear would be stiff and comfy at the same time?

4 is there a thread that covers that stuff for the EF?

5 I'm thinkin about widening some civic wagon stockies to approx 7 -5 front and 8+5 on the rear, are there any offset threads on heres that show sizing and wheels and tire specs on 4th gens?

cheers all, sorry about the million Q's!
mark

markismaximus
02-06-2010, 01:22 PM
addressing Qs:

2. That really cant be answered, its depends on the spring and your car. Different springs will vary and will sag at different rates. The manufacturer may give an indication of how much it will lower your car buts its only an indication.

3. I have coilovers in my ED which I think from memory are 10kg at the front, 8kg at the rear. My GF hates being a passenger in my car but I dont mind it. Harder the spring less comfy its gonna be, how would you describe comfy?

goon bag
02-06-2010, 01:27 PM
in my 31 I have 9's and 8's (fronts and rears respectively) and the missus hates them, they are harsh, I would consider 6's and 4's comfy, but at the same time do a decent job of keeping the tire off the guard with an 8 +5 or so wheel

totally get you with the aftermarket springs, I don't think any off the shelf springs would do anyway, the car needs to come down like 150mm in the ass and about 100 in the front lol

cheers mate

vinnY
02-06-2010, 04:37 PM
jesus 4/6in drops front/rear respectively?

EK1.6LCIV
02-06-2010, 04:40 PM
will lay rails nearly lol

not drive well at all, turning circle would double lol

markismaximus
02-06-2010, 05:40 PM
the car needs to come down like 150mm in the ass and about 100 in the front lol

I don't think you can get coilovers that can drop 6", let alone springs.

goon bag
03-06-2010, 07:45 AM
ok, thats an overenthusiastic figure to make the story a little entertaining, but serious, it needs to come down a fair whack.

actually I'd be quite happy with a 60mm drop in the back, and a 50 mm drop in the front, that'll put the arches about 8-12mm above the very top of the tire

hence my thinking of say, king ultra lows, ( the car doesn't need to be a circuit pro, as it just takes me to work and back)

cheers fellas