PDA

View Full Version : FD1 Lim Ed or FD2 Sport?

Nairda
02-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Just would like some of your opinions...

Option 1: pay around 32k and get a FD2

Option 2: Pay around 24k and get a FD1 Lim Ed.

Arguments:

1:FD2 has leather seats, sunroof, audio controls on the wheel and K20Z2 (which i am assuming has a more distinct VTEC changeover than the random VTEC engagement of the R18A1), nicer rims

2: Lighter, Cheaper, still comes with foglights, has crappy R65/15 rims, Comes with a bluetooth (wow big deal), tailored mats, reverse parking sensors..

I guess what im saying is, should i use the money i save by buying the FD1 Lim Ed to reupholster, buy recaros, rims, kit.....tradeoff is still the K20Z2...

What would make me decide to choose the FD1 over the FD2...

a) The difference between the k20Z2 and R18A1 in terms of fun and excitement is negligible
b) DIY upholstering seats is easy
c) Can DIY install volume controls into the steering wheel
d) If it turns out i cant get it for under 32K

What do you guys think?

FDBenni
02-06-2010, 09:36 PM
In the end it's still your own decision no one can answer it for you.. obviously the sport has all the luxuries but the vti is cheaper so if you plan on doing a few mods you can use the unspent money on mods. IMO the sport is quite expensive for what you get, not really the best value car around. How much is the standard vti? if you're going to get a vti and change the wheels then I wouldn't bother with the limited ed since you're going to throw away those wheels anyway, unless the price difference for the limited ed is small I say go for standard vti.

ylo00w
02-06-2010, 09:56 PM
If I can rewind the clock I would have gotten the sports. That just me.
But very happy with my vti as it's got some mods but I've always wanted a steering wheel mounted paddle shifter.

black8thgen
02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
if i could turn back the clock, id have gotten the vti in manual - but instead wasnt informed enough, if only i was an ozhonda member like 2 years ago lols

xenonkuraz
02-06-2010, 11:40 PM
If I could wind back the clock, I wouldn't have purchased a civic 8th gen.

But I can't so it's all good.

Sherweeeny
03-06-2010, 12:38 AM
if i could turn the clock back, i wouldnt have done anything different. go the sport. u dont have to worry about a thing and it looks nice straight off the bat.

tinymoon
03-06-2010, 02:17 AM
I voted for FD2, if i can afford and turn back the time i would have chosen FD2, currently FD1 VTI-L.
Reasons: In term of power: much much more and driving experience is completely different with padle shift.

Nairda
03-06-2010, 07:41 AM
I wouldnt have gone the auto if i got a Sport...
On the other hand the Lim Ed is 24500 ish...I might be able to get it for 23 or 22....
The VTI comes with 15" wheels as standard...the Lim Ed comes with foglights, chrome exhaust, reverse assist (which you dont get on any other model i think) bluetooth system.....

In the end it looks like i wont be able to get the Sport unless i fork out extra money....prob 6 grand in fact...im just wondering whether its worth the price i have to pay, dad doesnt think so...at the end of the day the sport is 10k more expensive...what im asking is, is it really worth 10k more...

Nairda
03-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I voted for FD2, if i can afford and turn back the time i would have chosen FD2, currently FD1 VTI-L.
Reasons: In term of power: much much more and driving experience is completely different with padle shift.

much much more? its only 10kw...and the FD2 weighs 100kg more

fitme
03-06-2010, 10:50 AM
for an extra 5-6k youll get

2.0l engine
leather trim/seat/steering wheel
paddle shifter
steering audio control
electric assist steering system
sunroof
side mirror with indicator
variable intermittent wipers
17" rims
6 stack cd changer
full size alloy spare wheel

btw DIY re-upholstering seats is not easy...take note about the side airbags installed on the seats...

ej20i
03-06-2010, 10:59 AM
i own fd1 manual vti. reason i got this one instead of fd2 sport is
1. MONEY! (might as well buy accord euro K24!)
2. no steering wheel control, no 6 stack cd so i can replace it with a double din gps unit with everything in the car still works
3. hub caps which i changed to new alloys in 15 minutes of owning the car
4. no chrome exhaust pipe finisher which i changed my exhaust to J's Racing
5. K20 vs R18?have u test drive it?has no big difference even Ryan finds it hard to keep up with my fd1)
6. There are more mods out there for FD1 and R18A in Australia
7. I HATE leather seats as u slide around in it around corners
8. No alarm which allows to me install aftermarket better alarm with window closer and boot release and other things

Thats all i can think of

Lim ED Vs standard?
Id get the Lim ED reasons:
1. BLUETOOTH!(its very important and it works really good the Honda ones like the one in my Jazz, y get fined for talking on the phone?)
2. FOGGIES (they are not cheap if u decide to do it later!)
3. Tailored mats(well they should come standard in any brand new car anyway)
4. Reverse sensor ( to make you look like a crap driver)
LOL!

now, recaros, in any car now in civic wise, you going to find the same problem when installing recaros
because the side airbags

xenonkuraz
03-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I have to admit the MAIN reason I chose an FD2 over an FD1 is the R18 engine looks :eek:

Nairda
03-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Side mirror with indicator is another one i wanted...is there any aftermarket?
paddle shifter - irrelevant to me because ill drive manual
Interesting about those side airbags..
No Climate Control...is it something you can upgrade at the showroom?
Chrome exhaust tip is only going to matter for about 3 years or so before i change it to a mugen catback
Fog lights - sucking me in and its the only reason why im not going for the VTiL other than the Lim Ed...

Friend of mine bought the Lim Ed just recently...i think she got the window visors thrown in.

Anyone know if you can DIY audio controls into the steering wheel? What about climate control?

Also ill probably perhaps change the head unit/get the double dinn cluster. I dont listen to radio much or use CDs anymore, Ipod + FM transmitter

xenonkuraz
03-06-2010, 11:41 AM
3 years til you change it to a catback? lol

ej20i
03-06-2010, 12:04 PM
mirror winkers u can get the FD2 ones and install it in the FD1 and change ur guard if u really dont like the extra indicators
steering wheel control u can DIY ur self and has been done by DMX but if u going to change ur HU why u need to DIY controls?wont work
the climate control i am still working on it for my FD1
the look of the R18 in AUDM looks shit
check out the JDM R18A
looks a lot nicer
cost 80 bux for us to get the cover

http://media.photobucket.com/image/JDM%20R18A/truplatano/ImageFromDB.jpg

Nairda
03-06-2010, 12:15 PM
3 years til you change it to a catback? lol

Depends on 3 things...Money, insurance and warranty...

I'm 21 and i dont want my premium to increase before i get to 25 lol

Nairda
03-06-2010, 12:20 PM
mirror winkers u can get the FD2 ones and install it in the FD1 and change ur guard if u really dont like the extra indicators
steering wheel control u can DIY ur self and has been done by DMX but if u going to change ur HU why u need to DIY controls?wont work
the climate control i am still working on it for my FD1
the look of the R18 in AUDM looks shit
check out the JDM R18A
looks a lot nicer
cost 80 bux for us to get the cover

http://media.photobucket.com/image/JDM%20R18A/truplatano/ImageFromDB.jpg

Thanks for your valued input ej20i....Is climate control something you can find aftermarket? About the Headunit i probably wont change it if i dont need to...the only thing i use is the ipod anyways....always had the novelty of using a screen..

fitme
03-06-2010, 12:59 PM
VTI-L is a waste of money....its either VTI or sports

what i like about the Sports model is the leather trimmings and seat. and sunroof...

just got a VTI-L last year just because of the full length airbags nothing else, vti got none except front only
but the 2010 FD's has full airbags on all variant....

FDPete
03-06-2010, 01:06 PM
My advise is don't buy new..look for a 1-2 year old FD2 Sport and you will get great value for money. I picked up my 07 FD2 (by far the best looking rims compared to the new rims you get on the latest sport) with 22k on the odometer for $20k (after i traded in a very tired 01 Astra CD, with 120k on the clock, plenty of dings and a second hand engine in it...long story..)

Got it from a dealer as well..auto, Sparkle grey and rear spoiler..ideally if i purchased one without a spoiler i would have fitted the Hybrid lip, looks classy. Only thing it misses out on is the VACC that the new model has..have to be careful when accelerating in the wet or living in Melbourne, driving on tram tracks when wet.
My warranty finished on the 21st May and I purchased an extended 3 year warranty from Honda for $780...piece of mind. The 30k service recently cost me $198 after i supplied the oil (Castrol Edge)

I know the argument about the standard Accord Euro being better value but when i purchased last year the Accord were still pretty new so i was looking at about $30k plus on roads for the Accord..plus i really wanted sunroof/leather ect..

Very happy with the Sport, not a rocket but handles/steers and goes very well..have not had any problems with it as well..iPod input very handy. i have mentioned before that i was in the market for Golf GTI DSG..well, thank god i did not purchase one not only are they more expensive to buy and maintain, there are a lot of horror stories about there about quality issues and very costly DSG failures.

Either way i think both FD1 and FD2 are underrated quality cars..

threesix
03-06-2010, 02:13 PM
buy an FD3 hybrid. lol!! comes with ALL the extras. made in japan...

and get smoked by a moutain biker at the lights. lol!!

Nairda
03-06-2010, 02:45 PM
lol....I just had a look at some second hand ones...i found

2007 MY07 white sport doing about 24000kms going for around 24000. (dealer)
2008 MY08 Black Sport doing about the same going for around the same (private)

Possibly bargain down a bit more.

Are these good deals? 24000kms quite low?

threesix
03-06-2010, 02:49 PM
my 06 has 37k on it....

ej20i
03-06-2010, 05:59 PM
only?!
my 08 has 60K on it
LOL!

Nairda
03-06-2010, 08:35 PM
i cant wait to get a new car.....my ED3 is really really tired lol....290,000kms, hail beaten, lowered, thrashed, 1990, its been driven by all members of the family, starter motor starts every 5 tries, burns oil in the morning...vacuum hoses for the carby drying out...

Still soldiering on though...its no quitter =P

drifter
03-06-2010, 10:33 PM
FD2 MAN, The look...................but it's really up to u what u like about the FD........

Stig
04-06-2010, 05:55 AM
if i had a choice again i wouldn't even be driving an fd1 lol

black8thgen
04-06-2010, 02:34 PM
my 08 has 15k on it LOL...............

JOhnnyFD
05-06-2010, 12:27 PM
get FD1 for sure... its as some ppl have mentioned before
- its lighter
- more aftermaket support for the FD1
- the engine isnt overall too bad... 140hp at 6300rpm for a 1.8L

and the FD2 is heavier and the engine is a disappointment for a k20 to be honest, just only another 10kw over the R18A
the good side is, more creature comforts

aero
05-06-2010, 03:33 PM
the only thing i like about the fd2 is the sunroof. if the fd1 came with a sunroof it would be much better value. but even without the sunroof, the fd1 is still better value imo. if u plan on modifying, save ur 10k for parts etc. and buy and fd1

xenonkuraz
06-06-2010, 02:14 PM
I bought my FD2 with 40,000km for probably cheaper than most VTi's with higher KM's out there.

My advice is don't buy brand new.

Nairda
06-06-2010, 03:35 PM
If im going to buy the FD2 definately wont be brand new...cant stand the fact of losing 10k within the first 2 years..

Im pretty keen on the White FD2 i saw one of the dealers...around 24,000kms going for $24K.

I know about the k20z2 engine but after looking at a lot of youtubes seems like the R18A1 sounds too linear in comparison....

Choices are second hand FD2 (hopefully i can bargain down to 22,000 or even 20,000) and a brand new Lim Ed FD1.

Things i like about the:
FD2 MY07 - Sunroof, Foglights, Audio control steering wheel, Climate control, K20Z2 has a slight vtec changeover, easier to do a engine transplant in future, upholstery is nicer, rev sensors, wheels
FD1 LE MY10 - Bluetooth, Foglights, price, Rev sensors

From now on its just going to be a difference between which is better value and which i can get either by trade-in or selling. Dad reckons i can get 28-29K for the facelifted 07 Luxury Euro

ej20i
07-06-2010, 08:41 AM
well if u get FD2 as i said before might as well get Euro
i got my FD1 pretty cheap
21K brand new to be exact!
LOL!

Nairda
07-06-2010, 10:32 AM
lol ej20i ur missing the point...

if i was to buy a sport it wouldnt be brand new, the ones i was looking at were 2nd hand...even though the sport weighs more and the engine doesnt produce that much more power, i still prefer the K20Z2 because as far as im concerned its not using i-VTEC E (right?) I looked at the dynographs and i noticed a slight gradient change at 5800RPM which wikipedia stated that the i-VTEC engagement to the k20Z2 is there.
The R18A1 in comparison was all linear...not to say its bad, im a big fan of the 6.5L/100km fuel economy...but i just want that bit more excitement

I know its no K20Z1 but it will have to do....K20Z1 is probably my most favourite K series engine yet

I do agree with you that if someone was to buy a sport brand new they might as well just buy a standard euro...its jolly expensive for not very much car...that being said the FD is quite a pretty car

threesix
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM
i dont think most R18A1's are getting 6.5l/100k......

Nairda
07-06-2010, 11:39 AM
i dont think most R18A1's are getting 6.5l/100k......

Sorry 6.9 as the catalogue says...if you drive really anal im sure you can push it down a bit more

fitme
07-06-2010, 12:07 PM
^^ if 90% highway driving 6.5/100 is achievable...

ej20i
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
how much would like a CL7 be?

Nairda
07-06-2010, 03:15 PM
brand new would be around 32K i believe...but the whole point of this tradeoff is so i dont have to take out any money out of pocket

aero
07-06-2010, 03:34 PM
but u do get the k24. much much better than a second hand k20z2

Reclus
07-06-2010, 03:56 PM
i believe u can ask for a sunroof on a FD1
i've seen a few out there on the roads

and apparently installing aftermarket bucket seats are illegal, correct me if i'm wrong

fog lights are just for look, heard that police will stop for those who use fog lights while it's not foggy

I'd vote for FD1
for me i love to have a car that is brand new, that i can take care of it from day 1 haha

Nairda
07-06-2010, 04:49 PM
and apparently installing aftermarket bucket seats are illegal, correct me if i'm wrong

I dont think so unless your seats has airbags (which the new ones do) which is kinda why i want the FD2

fog lights are just for look, heard that police will stop for those who use fog lights while it's not foggy

This is true but i always get out of the house at 8am and at this time theres always fog....not tons but the other day it was foggy enough for me not to see a km away..the only time i will have it on when there is no fog is photo shooting lol

for me i love to have a car that is brand new, that i can take care of it from day 1 haha

I like that idea too but climate controls and audio steering wheel controls + sunroof is alluring....

but u do get the k24. much much better than a second hand k20z2

That is true but in that case i might as well stick with the CL7 i have now....i was convinced by my dad after some debate with my parents about getting a newer car...i been resistant but i like the look of the civic now especially the dash + interior not to mention the exterior style....i also prefer having a smaller car

aero
07-06-2010, 04:57 PM

I'd vote for FD1

didnt know that sunroof was an option in the fd1. wasnt in the old prefacelift brochure lol.

aftermarket bucketseats arent illegal. unless ur in a coupe and it prevents others from entering or exiting ur car from the back. in some cases u still need to get them certified by an engineer.. but the buckets also reduce the safety of ur car, if ur factory seats came with air bags. luckily (or maybe unfortunately lol) for the 06-08 fd1's, there are no seat airbags.

as for foglights. they are great for looks. i installed some aftermarket ones a couple of years ago and pretty much drive with them on all the time. i know that u can be pulled over by the popo for having them on, but hasn't happened yet in 2 years *knocks on wood*

Reclus
07-06-2010, 10:07 PM
why do u want climate controls so bad?
it's kinda like having a smoking area and a non-smoking area at the same place
if it's front / rear climate control, that would make more sense
anyway it's just my preference

for sunroof , again just ask the dealers
if they said no (they probably would, as they would convince you to buy the more costly FD2), just tell them the other dealer has provided with such offer
see how it goes
a friend of mine has got rear camera installed in her FD1,
it's aftermarket though, but Honda install it for her, so it's a complete peace of mind (and it comes with the warrenty, too)
so i'd say anything can be installed, as long as you ask, provided with a reasonable price as well

Reclus
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
as for foglights. they are great for looks. i installed some aftermarket ones a couple of years ago and pretty much drive with them on all the time. i know that u can be pulled over by the popo for having them on, but hasn't happened yet in 2 years *knocks on wood*

where to get good quality aftermarket foggy?

Reclus
07-06-2010, 10:09 PM

where to get good quality aftermarket foggy?

fitme
08-06-2010, 02:22 PM

this is true i saw an FD1 with sunroof...

tinymoon
08-06-2010, 03:42 PM
True, i saw quite a few FD1 with sunroof which are installed by Honda, just one thing is too exoensive

The after market foglight you can get out ot Ebay. I got one for 170 AUD incl shipping and the labour cost for install is vary from 60 to 70. You can DIY the fitment, i did but i failed to connect the wire into dashboard due to lack of equioment and not being good at electric

Nairda
08-06-2010, 05:55 PM
why do u want climate controls so bad?

I dont get the smoking analogy...

The reason i want it is so in the end i won't be "downgrading" too much... im going from a superior CL7 Lux with everything inc. sunroof, clim control, rain sensing wipers, electric heated seats...

Bear in mind the reason im swapping out is because although the car was repaired ( hail damage) by honda and it still looks mint, my dad is skeptical about their work

Reclus
08-06-2010, 07:31 PM
what i meant was, there won't be much different as the interior area is so small
climate control on left and right won't make much a different
it's just some fancy stuffs they make to make you think it's 'fancy'

anyway i see your point, and i think you're more leaning towards the FD2 then
hope you will find ur 'love' soon :)

Reclus
08-06-2010, 07:33 PM
by the way i think yours is a CL9 instead of CL7
CL7 is for JDM

Nairda
08-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Oh right i thought the 7 was regarding the year...yeah CL9 (2007)

xenonkuraz
08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Let me give you a three-way ultimatum:

1. Keep the CL9 for its awesomeness K24
2. Buy a used FD2 because its sexy and it has nice creature comforts
3. Buy a brand new FD1 and be unhappy later

1+2 sound good to me

Nairda
08-06-2010, 10:14 PM
Lol im leaning on 2....because if i get 2 i get a fresher car...k24 is nice but the euro may or may not be structurally unsound in 6 years (which is when ill be changing to my next car hopefully)
Dad reckons in order to fix the dents they drilled holes in the door to push it out (and the pillars)

FDPete
09-06-2010, 10:26 AM
I know i have been raving about the FD2's but here are the negatives..

Really stood out this morning driving to work in the freezing rain is the lack of traction control..attempted a quick lane change from standstill and had absolutely no traction..lit the front tyres up. You really have to feather the throttle in the wet..you must have to be conscious of this when driving in these conditions...i believe 08 models received the stability control update..

No electric seat adjustment..after all it is only a civic!!
With bass turned up front speakers rattle..this is common

Apart from that all good. Would love a stereo with ipod controls ect..in terms of modifications, my wish list is Mugen colour coded grill, updated front and rear speakers (6" 3 ways), double din stereo with all the fruit - sat nav, iPod control ect..

xenonkuraz
09-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Hey Pete. I second your down points. In the rain the car struggles to take off without a heap of traction. You really need to baby that dbw accelerator.

Also it's really annoying when the door panels rattle with a mild amount of bass.

Not having an aux input just sucks. Atleast we can DIY one though.

And why oh why the manual seat lifter?!

xenonkuraz
09-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Oh and Nairda the reasons why I chose an FD2 over a CL9 are:

* Euros in my price range have high km and are getting old
* Luxury euros have ugly woodgrain
* don't like the 6-speed...shifting in a euro is granny spec seriously
* fd2 is sexy as

FDPete
09-06-2010, 12:20 PM
Hey Pete. I second your down points. In the rain the car struggles to take off without a heap of traction. You really need to baby that dbw accelerator.

Also it's really annoying when the door panels rattle with a mild amount of bass.

Not having an aux input just sucks. Atleast we can DIY one though.

And why oh why the manual seat lifter?!

FD2 does have the aux input chat and i believe the update FD1 has it to..nice liitle spot in centre console fits the Ipod mini perfectly..however ive nearly been caught out a few times looking down flipping tracks ect.

xenonkuraz
09-06-2010, 12:33 PM
I believe only the updated FD2's have this as mine one definitely doesn't. I'm surprised you have one as yours is the 2007 model and the updates began 2008. Is yours a late 07 facelift?

On the same topic:

do you know how to set songs on repeat/shuffle?

I've asked this about four times now :(

FDBenni
09-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Someone needs to double check but i believe you cannot put it on shuffle, repeat i am not too sure.

tinymoon
09-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Just to comfirm some information

FD1 from 2009 on has VSA, Traction control and 4 more airbags which is named as curtain airbags as well as a facelift and different shape of the rear light. That's all make a different between FD1 from 2006-2008.

Personally, i love to have the climate control, it make me easy to adjest the desire tempt than just try to button left right to have a desire cold or hot in the car conditioning.

The only thing i love from the FD2 is Electronic Power Steering Wheel not hydraulic on FD1 and leader seats, Shift padle and other stuff such as sunroof i really do not use them much as my airconds always on almost of time day and night

FDPete
09-06-2010, 01:58 PM
my sport was first registered May 07..has the updated 17's as well..i think its a march or april build date....dont know about repeat/shuffle settings

Nairda
24-06-2010, 06:16 PM
thanks for the replies thus far.
Wow is it true that the 07 sport doesnt have VSA? TCS?
This may be a concern - i thought the pre facelifted models all the sports had VSA and TCS. Only the Vti's and VTiL had made the stability equipment all standard i thought?

tinymoon
25-06-2010, 01:14 PM
That is exactly right, FD2 2007 do not have VSA and TCS except the FD2 MY 2008
From 2009 model (Facelift model) all models vti, vti-L, sport equiped with VSA and TCS

Nairda
28-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Is it worth getting a brand new Lim Ed over a 07 sport just for the TCS and VSA? is there that much difference?

tinymoon
28-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Uhm, i do not feel much different between VSA, TSC or not. In my opinion it worth the VSA and TSC for psychological feeling :D
I think you probally can get a 2008 Sport version around 24 to 25. Why should just think of 2007 and worrying of VSA and TSC?

Reclus
29-06-2010, 07:08 AM
I usually turn VSA off
keep it on when it rains only
and i don't actually feel that much of a different

just go with the sport mate, u won't regret
i think u're leaning towards the luxurious world LOL

chenny
30-06-2010, 04:21 PM
I believe only the updated FD2's have this as mine one definitely doesn't. I'm surprised you have one as yours is the 2007 model and the updates began 2008. Is yours a late 07 facelift?

On the same topic:

do you know how to set songs on repeat/shuffle?

I've asked this about four times now :(

I've got the FD1 and I can put songs on repeat and random. press 2 for RPT and 3 for RDM.
But it might be different for your FD2 coz of the 6stacker.

xenonkuraz
30-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Ah gay. My stacker is temperamental. My CDs will only work in specific slots

Nairda
30-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Nah kind of the reason i want the sport is because ill be going from a 07 Euro Luxury with all the bells and whistles...so i didnt want to make that much of a step down....when i went to astoria with my dad to get a new car for himself (oddessy) i had a closer look at the lim ed...i do quite like it although id prefer the sport....sport + facelift would be best but when we got a valuation on the euro they were only willing to give us 18k for it...

Theres no way im letting go of a 07 Euro Luxury with all extras for 18K...dream on..

So unless one of you fine people would like to buy my car for over 24K looks like i wont be getting an FD anytime soon =(...

On the other hand i was thinking about starting to save up now and in 3 years if some private importers manage to get good auctions from japan ill buy myself an FD2R

dansta
05-10-2011, 11:33 AM
i have a fd2 sport with k&n replacement filter and run bp ultimate , i think they get gruntir as time goes by , there was a holden vu ute manual with exhaust we smashed it from the light s we where side by side and wasent even using the paddle shifter lol

Baygon
06-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I first got my 2010 FD1 VTI for 20k. In terms of power i dont think theres much difference between the Sport or the VTIs. I recommend the Limited Ed , with the money on top you can get a Mugen body kit , new wheels , intake or whatever you want with it.

Stevil
07-10-2011, 03:44 PM
I went with the FD1 after finding the FD2 no quicker and $8K more expensive. I payed $19.9K drive away for mine before Rick Damelian went bust. Yeah seats have crappy cloth but you do get cruise control. For $2K you be able to get some sort of body kit and decent wheels.

Baygon
07-10-2011, 11:32 PM
I went with the FD1 after finding the FD2 no quicker and $8K more expensive. I payed $19.9K drive away for mine before Rick Damelian went bust. Yeah seats have crappy cloth but you do get cruise control. For $2K you be able to get some sort of body kit and decent wheels.

Got my VTI from Rick Damelian as well :) Got me OEM floor mats for free and a reduced price on window tints + UV protection.

hiepness
19-10-2011, 12:51 AM
the Sport is rather better in a way. but theres less things you can do with it.
i guess if you enjoy a sun roof , leather seats and foglights. then the FD2 sport would be your thing. ^^

t3kNo*
19-10-2011, 08:27 AM
i'm finding that road noise in the FDs is really high compared to some other cars :(

Stevil
19-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Yeah its worse in the FD1, I reckon they skip on the sound deadening material. Weight saving = more tyre noise. Just turn the stereo up !