PDA

View Full Version : Anyone got pics of xforce twinloop on EG hatch??

WA-EG
02-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Just wondering if any one has fitted either of the xforce twinloop mufflers to their EG Hatchs and would you have any pics?

Want to buy one, but not sure which one (S10 or S12) will fit nicely underneath the EG hatch rear end. Can't get a good answer from WA exhaust shops. they say trial and error. :-/

Cheers
WA-EG

anzai
03-06-2010, 12:46 AM
i can take a pic of s10 (round barrel) on my ek, i dunno if that would be useful

let me know

WA-EG
03-06-2010, 10:31 AM
i can take a pic of s10 (round barrel) on my ek, i dunno if that would be useful

let me know

cheers. will give me rough idea on size.

TheSaint
07-06-2010, 01:43 AM
ill take a pic of my sedan once it is fitted lol

JamB
07-06-2010, 12:36 PM
hey im pretty sure ive posted this b4 but, please save your money and dont get an xforce twinloop, i had one 2 years ago and when i first had it you could see the fibreglass flying out of it everytime i drove and within 6 months it shat it self and sounded like poo and i threw it away

Thanks my personal experience anyway, save your money and get something higher quallity

pablos8
12-06-2010, 06:02 AM
I've got an s12 on my EG it's really quiet until higher revs, the exhaust place needed to alter something to fit it snugly but it looks like a straight pipe :D

hussLEr
12-06-2010, 08:41 AM
From my researches when I purchased my S10; s10 fits nicely in an EG, s12: very tight + alittle modding to fit as Pablo8 has described.

LoL..still haven't fitted mine yet!

WA-EG
13-06-2010, 01:04 AM
hey im pretty sure ive posted this b4 but, please save your money and dont get an xforce twinloop, i had one 2 years ago and when i first had it you could see the fibreglass flying out of it everytime i drove and within 6 months it shat it self and sounded like poo and i threw it away

Thanks my personal experience anyway, save your money and get something higher quallity

see this scares me a little. have seen a video of this on youtube of xforce twinloop spitting glass out. dont want to spend this money for a muffler to sound like my fart sounding muffler i got now. might have to save little longer :-S

WA-EG
13-06-2010, 01:07 AM
From my researches when I purchased my S10; s10 fits nicely in an EG, s12: very tight + alittle modding to fit as Pablo8 has described.

LoL..still haven't fitted mine yet!

well apparently my mechanic reckons a varex muffler will fit..... And they are massive.

Apparently the s10 isnt made anymore......?????

pablos8
13-06-2010, 01:30 AM
They stopped production in 07 apparently.. I know plenty of people with xforce mufflers, me and they also have never had any problems with them :/

quangsuke
13-06-2010, 02:18 AM
ive got a s12 twinloop fitted on to mine. i got the oval type. i recommend getting the barrel for a better fit or go magnaflow.
looks better imo

WA-EG
14-06-2010, 12:33 PM
ive got a s12 twinloop fitted on to mine. i got the oval type. i recommend getting the barrel for a better fit or go magnaflow.
looks better imo

i've seen a couple of magnaflow systems for the EG but the have cannon looking rear muffler and i hate that.
might have to email my exhaust guy and just give him my budget and tell him roughly what i want and let him sort it.

TheSaint
14-06-2010, 02:35 PM
iv got magnaflow oval barrel on my Liberty and its damn nice ... perfect for the boxer engine ... had a canon on it before and it was awful - barked like a dog
now it sounds nice ... has a great little rumble/hum to it

i say just get a custom 2.25" catback with either a magnaflow oval barrel or an xforce/ebay twinloop

the twinloops do sound better on hondas

D16EK1
17-06-2010, 11:17 PM
have a xforce catback twin loop running on a Ek1, it works nice across the rpm and how much throttle your giving.

anzai
17-06-2010, 11:39 PM
hey mate, sorry its been a while i still havent got the photos,

but to get a rough idea, this is the twinloop on my ek1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kThPbeivyk8&feature=related

dont worry about the rattling its gone haha

WA-EG
18-06-2010, 12:12 AM
hey mate, sorry its been a while i still havent got the photos,

but to get a rough idea, this is the twinloop on my ek1

dont worry about the rattling its gone haha

cheers mate. thats my worry, the fart rattle noise. I got that from my stocko EG muffler. ha ha. There is an EK coupe in my area that has a deep bass note. Sounds mint. Thats what I want.... lol.

I'm guessing the 1.8 will have a deeper note anyway.

anzai
18-06-2010, 06:24 AM
nah, the sound from the video doesnt really do justice, you have to hear it in real life

its not ricey at all, its really quiet when idling, but gets louder when you put your foot down. has a really deep tone im very happy with it.

v-tec power
25-10-2010, 11:54 PM
spewin ur not in sydney , where i work at we do exhausts. The exhausts we yous are supplied by xforce and we deal alot with them , if u were here iam sure i could of helped u out more .

pablos8
26-10-2010, 07:14 AM
spewin ur not in sydney , where i work at we do exhausts. The exhausts we yous are supplied by xforce and we deal alot with them , if u were here iam sure i could of helped u out more .

Where do you work?

WA-EG
26-10-2010, 09:49 AM

all good. i went for the twin loop in the end with 2.25 inch piping and a large hi flow resonator. sounded awesome. i dont have the car anymore so its someone elses nice sounding car now. :-)