PDA

View Full Version : financing a car

nspir
03-06-2010, 04:37 PM
hey guys, i just want some opinions on which cars are a good bang for buck
my mum is helping me finance a car which will be my 2nd as my 1st car (87 accord) is no longer functioning properly ):
our ideal car should be around 20k not to much over
my top pick would be a 7th gen accord euro but im not sure if we're able to afford it

all suggestions welcome

im a red p plate if that plays a factor in deciding

MikeyG
03-06-2010, 04:48 PM
ye dont finance... buy a shitbox eg use that as your daily.. then save up and pay cash.. your only damaging yourself with finance

nspir
03-06-2010, 05:05 PM
hmm yeah, but i kind of dont want to get another bomb and drive it for a couple of months then get another car
my 1st car lasted me since january and just recently died
i am not 100% certain im going to finance just yet
i dont drive as much maybe 3 times a week (student) so i thought getting a car like a euro would still be great in 3-4 years time as i may drive it reguarly

curtis265
03-06-2010, 05:56 PM
We bought a EG civic breeze in mint condition, and it cost 3k. (with 130k km on the clock)

Makes a few weird noises, but is yet to break down.

That's honda reliability for you. Trust me, nothing goes wrong unless u try to screw with it.

aaronng
03-06-2010, 06:01 PM
hmm yeah, but i kind of dont want to get another bomb and drive it for a couple of months then get another car
my 1st car lasted me since january and just recently died
i am not 100% certain im going to finance just yet
i dont drive as much maybe 3 times a week (student) so i thought getting a car like a euro would still be great in 3-4 years time as i may drive it reguarly

Sounds like you need to learn how to detect if the car you plan on buying has problems. Even a crappy bomb can last a few years unless there was something inherently wrong and on the verge of failure.