PDA

View Full Version : [CL9] Alternator/Serpentine belt needed!

Simonnn
04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Hey guys, did a search but couldnt find much!

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can find a replacement alternator belt for my car, as it is making squeaking noises whenever its cold and I start the car up (sound goes away eventually).

I'm sure its the belt because the sound stops when I pour a little water onto the it, I'm also aware that some people rub soap onto the belt amongst other weird things to get rid of the noise.. but I'd prefer to replace it :p

Went to Honda and they told me it was $140 for a new belt! (which I think is too much, but if i have no choice then i'll have to buy one..) also went to Supercheap Auto and asked the guy there.. and he was like "Accord Euro.. is that .. an import?" :confused: *sigh*

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

aaronng
04-06-2010, 01:34 AM
Would help if you mentioned which state you were located in.

Anyway, the belt is a 7PK1760. Basically a 7 rib, 1760 mm length belt. You can get a Gates or a Dayco belt. RRP is about $70 two years ago. If you can't find a 7PK1760, a 7PK1750 (more common) will also work (I currently have this in my Euro).

Simonnn
04-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Wow thanks for that! I'm located in VIC :)

iLlusion10
04-06-2010, 10:09 AM
hey simon, get one and we'll install it on the holidays =)

aaronng
06-06-2010, 05:35 PM
Note that if you get the cheaper Dayco belt, they do stretch a little. My 7PK1750 which was at first quite tight (triangle pointing at the large rectangle) has now stretched and the triangle is pointing at the middle of the large and small rectangles when the engine is running. The Gates did not stretch when I used that previously. I guess that is what you get with a cheaper belt.

TRaNz
06-06-2010, 05:39 PM
but all in all, your better off with a OEM honda belt despite how much is costs?

Simonnn
06-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Note that if you get the cheaper Dayco belt, they do stretch a little. My 7PK1750 which was at first quite tight (triangle pointing at the large rectangle) has now stretched and the triangle is pointing at the middle of the large and small rectangles when the engine is running. The Gates did not stretch when I used that previously. I guess that is what you get with a cheaper belt.

Did it being a 1750 and not a 1760 have anything to do with the stretching? I called an auto shop today and they did not stock either of the belts! Guess im going to have to look around harder :(

grifty
06-06-2010, 06:40 PM
did you try giving bursons a call?