PDA

View Full Version : D16 Query........

skiiboy90
05-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Hi Guys,

I have a cxi ek d16y4 that is turbo charged and it is blowing white smoke out of the dip-stick tube and oil filler cap. I suspect it is blown rings.

I am currently looking for a d16 bottom end to suit rebuild, and was wondering if any DOHC head will fit - and if so will my existing turbo exhaust manifold fit it?

Also, what is the code for the DOHC D-series head (d16y???)

Thanks for your time,

Skiiboy90

hitoriko
05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
only one i know of is found in the CRX i think its D16z6

hussLEr
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
The only DOHC D-series I know of is the ZC motor, coming from the EF CRX and SI EG with D16A8.

Essentially the same motor?

mugen_ctr
05-06-2010, 01:01 PM
all d series run the same block, just different cylinder head design.... not sure bout the manifold bolting onto the dohc head though????

~Sp33~
05-06-2010, 04:16 PM
all d series run the same block, just different cylinder head design.... not sure bout the manifold bolting onto the dohc head though????

That's not true.

Hi Guys,

I have a cxi ek d16y4 that is turbo charged and it is blowing white smoke out of the dip-stick tube and oil filler cap. I suspect it is blown rings.

I am currently looking for a d16 bottom end to suit rebuild, and was wondering if any DOHC head will fit - and if so will my existing turbo exhaust manifold fit it?

Also, what is the code for the DOHC D-series head (d16y???)

Thanks for your time,

Skiiboy90

White smoke? Are you losing water/coolant? The DOHC head will not fit onto the SOHC block. The head studs will not line up, and the coolant passages aren't in the same places. The intake manifold will not fit onto the DOHC head, and the exhaust manifold will need to be port matched, though it will bolt on.

I think you're talking about the block code, which is d16a8 which uses pm7 stamped internals.

skiiboy90
05-06-2010, 09:24 PM
sp33, thanks, thats exactly what I needed to know =]