PDA

View Full Version : CL9 Oil Temp Gauge Question

sodaz
05-06-2010, 05:51 PM
I just got my CL9 Euro tuned with the Greddy E manage ultimate + Boomslang P&P Harness package.

Car runs really strong now but for some reason the oil temp gauge needle doesn't move beyond 1/4 of the dial. Normally it goes to around 1/2 when fully warmed up so it's a bit strange.

Have any of you experienced this or know the reason why? :confused::confused:

aaronng
05-06-2010, 10:57 PM
What oil temp gauge? The Euro does not have an oil temp gauge unless you added an aftermarket one.

If you are referring to the coolant gauge, then check the contacts on the harness. Improper connection can cause a change in the signal voltage and thereby give a different coolant temperature reading.

sodaz
05-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Yeah it's the engine temp gauge. The one on the right.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check the harness tomorrow.

sodaz
06-06-2010, 04:55 PM
Just checked the connections and everything seems to be plugged in properly. Don't really know what to do now.....

aaronng
06-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Just checked the connections and everything seems to be plugged in properly. Don't really know what to do now.....

Does the Emanage use coolant temperature to trick the ECU so that it is able to control the fuel and ignition maps? If it does, it could be telling the ECU that the engine is colder than normal and hence also sending that information to your instrument cluster.

sodaz
06-06-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm not really sure how emanage accomplishes that but most people don't seem to have the same issue. I've just bumped an old thread that describes the same problem.

There's a good chance it has to do with the jumper settings.