PDA

View Full Version : where to buy?

kousoku
21-12-2004, 12:01 PM
hey i'm just wondering where to by my head unit from?...
strathfield seems to have a fairly small range, so dont; really want to go there. are there any car audio specialst stores?!

i'm looking at buying a head unit for around the $400 mark.

any ideas?! and locations?>

BlacKEGPedroew
21-12-2004, 02:21 PM
www.ebay.com.au

find a seller with good feedback and make sure it is an Australian model not American.

dark138
21-12-2004, 02:26 PM
just called strathfield
they said they will be having a huge sale after christmas

so you might as well wait

Fhrx
21-12-2004, 02:44 PM
You're more than welcome to contact us. :)

J-MuN
21-12-2004, 03:02 PM
JB Hifi

kousoku
21-12-2004, 03:16 PM
how big is this sale at strath?!...they seem though, to have a very selective range, like only a few brands , and even fewer models...

which jb hifi is the largest?!

jackosimm
21-12-2004, 06:28 PM
yeh im goin with JB, there tops there!

Javed
21-12-2004, 08:04 PM
I recommend contacting Marty at FHRX, if only that lad was in QLD I would be at his shop every day :P Strathfield are crap, JB have some OKAY headunits, however Marty really knows his stuff and can offer you the advice, not just try and get a sale!

5poon
21-12-2004, 08:08 PM
I recommend contacting Marty at FHRX, if only that lad was in QLD I would be at his shop every day :P Strathfield are crap, JB have some OKAY headunits, however Marty really knows his stuff and can offer you the advice, not just try and get a sale!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Exactly what I was going to say.:D Also, the new JB hifi at Norton St in Leichhardt, has nice amount of hu's. (Not sure on the bargains though).

J-MuN
23-12-2004, 11:41 AM
(Not sure on the bargains though).
yeh bargaining is easy when the new JB shops open.. the salesmen are noobs and dont know how to read their pricebooks yet... so if you see a ticket price ask for about a 50 dollar discount immediately... try it ;)

Fhrx
23-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I appreciate it.

Kousoko, parhaps I should have elaborated a little further on my comments. We're in the buisness of high end audio. The end where the sound matters more than the money to us. If you're interest in high quality gear then give me a call champ. If you want a store that will try and sell you anything just to make a sale, then I'm afraid we're not your store. :)

kousoku
23-12-2004, 11:22 PM
damn, cause i was really looking forward to being ripped off. =p

i would love to try you guys out, but i'm afraid my budget wont allow me to. only have about 1.5k to spend on system. maybe 2k .
thanks alot, when i buy my s2k in 3 years time. i will come talk to you =D

JDM Element
24-12-2004, 01:41 AM
seriously ebay man
they usually around half the price of places like jb and strathfield

2 options
1. save a heap of money
2. use the same budget to get an awsome system

have a browse through head units on www.ebay.com.au
u'll see some good bargains mate!

joneblaze
27-12-2004, 11:35 PM
*agrees with the masses*

Ebay or similar, or Marty or JB's.

Have never bought a thing from Marty in my life, but he has been personally a champion with helpful and patient advice, and basically 100% of feedback you will find online or otherwise regarding him will be AAA+. The guy knows how to generate repeat business if nothing else :)

lerroy
28-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Vouce for Marty his expertise are second to none, 1.5k -2k is a good system that im sure Marty could set you up with

Good luck happy hunting

aznsiko
28-12-2004, 10:48 AM
JB HiFi.. at bankstown or parramatta.. or just any JB store.. there prices are negeotiable.. and have a large variety..

r33zilla
04-01-2005, 11:33 PM
eBay.com

nedgeworth
07-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Vouce for Marty his expertise are second to none, 1.5k -2k is a good system that im sure Marty could set you up with

Good luck happy hunting

Marty will indeed be able to come up with something that you'll be more than happy with within that price range! :thumbsup:

Judging by things i've learnt from him and others in the car audio world if i could do over my first system that i spent what your looking to spend on I would of been much happier. I wasted my money at the likes of JB, even strathfield (only cause it was bargin stuff i was chasing).