PDA

View Full Version : buying MY2007 CRV tmr

cb7
06-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Hey Guys,

I need all the opinions you have for a honda CRV 07.
I'm thinking of purchasing one tomorrow, I went to check out one today at a car dealer and I loved it. The interior and exterior was beautiful. However, It was my first experience with IVTEC and 4wd vehicles. When I pushed on the accelerator I noticed it took awhile to get to 40km, I had me, my bro and a fat dealer in the back. We were going on hills and down hill etc.

So if I wanted to overtake someone, do I just floor the pedal to the metal? Cause I rode it softly and it didn't push as hard, I had to sort of punch it in all the way for it to sort of downshift and rev high.
Is that how it is, so that it saves petrol? Am I expecting too much cause its a large vehicle so it takes awhile to speed up? Or could it be I test drove one with a bad engine?

Would any CRV owners have any opinion on this or advice, do let me know what else I should be looking out for. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

cb7
06-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Oops my bad guys, can the OP move this, I posted it in the wrong section.
Drunk haha

JamieP
06-06-2010, 07:37 PM
hope you werent drunk while you were test driving it as well :P

seihoa
06-06-2010, 08:16 PM
If u wana overtake drop it down a gear or turn overdrive off and floor it !

DLO01
06-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Its an auto man. If you wanna go, then floor it. It will drop down to the appropriate gear then go. If your only just suddenly giving it half throttle, then its only going to lag away.

We have an 06 Crv. I don't think the 07 would be much different.

Codes
08-06-2010, 08:37 PM
put it in d3 lol