PDA

View Full Version : EM1 power window issues HELP!

.::F[L]Y::.
21-12-2004, 12:29 PM
hey guys/girls.

just wanted to know if other civic coupe owners out there hav had any issues with their power windows? mine have started to play up. the other day my driver side didnt work but was due to loose wire? today my passenger side doesnt work....

does anyone have any of these problems and how much do u reckon to fix?

cheers

vteccoupe
21-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Y::.']hey guys/girls.

just wanted to know if other civic coupe owners out there hav had any issues with their power windows? mine have started to play up. the other day my driver side didnt work but was due to loose wire? today my passenger side doesnt work....

does anyone have any of these problems and how much do u reckon to fix?

cheers
hi..am driving the EJ8...both the left and the right power windows are spolit...its a common fault for civic 2doors....go get it fix..shld range frm 300-500 for both sides

J-MuN
21-12-2004, 01:07 PM
yo, no problems as such... touch wood... maybe its jus unlucky F[L]Y :(

Choongas
21-12-2004, 01:14 PM
no issues with mine.. other than my revs dropping a fair bit when im pulling both windows up...

maybe pop out the powerwindow console switch bit and see if any wires are loose?

you sure the powerwindow lock isnt on? hehe i've done that one before.. thought it was broken :p

J-MuN
21-12-2004, 01:22 PM
no issues with mine.. other than my revs dropping a fair bit when im pulling both windows up...
yeh i noticed that aswell.. not significant drops... refers to battery?...

SiR
21-12-2004, 03:12 PM
My driver's side squeaks like a biatch and shudders a little after heavy rain. Doesn't persist though - touchwood.

Other than that, I did have an issue with the passenger side window during early ownership of the car. Say the window was winding up, just past half-way, it'll basically crawl to a halt and then fully wind up ever so slowly. It was struggling.

Turns out that the motor/alternator mechanism that winds up/down the window basically died.

The car was under warranty then so I got things fixed w/o forking out any dough.

ECU-MAN
21-12-2004, 08:44 PM
fellas it helps to lube the glass rail with silicone lube to help prevent unessisary failure. this helps the window go up alot easier thus less load on the window regulator.

21-12-2004, 08:55 PM
what was funny is that when the driver side died we jus pulled off the door and un did the wires and put them back together and it worked...

so what do u think it could be...are these jus symptoms for a more serious fault?

300-500 bucks to fix seems abit steep :(

BlitZ
22-12-2004, 08:32 AM
hahaah.. glad it started working,,,
my driver side stopped working.. bought ti back to honda warranty.. they lubed it and aligned it... all fixed...
try not to close you door when window is down.(was told) stuffs the alignement

22-12-2004, 07:47 PM
hehe driver side now works though passenger side doesnt work now...

so u reckon its an alignment thing?

SiR
23-01-2005, 11:33 PM
On the topic of power windows, how would you guys get rid of annoying squeaky noises from winding up/down the window?

crazycivic
24-01-2005, 12:24 AM
Y::.']what was funny is that when the driver side died we jus pulled off the door and un did the wires and put them back together and it worked...

so what do u think it could be...are these jus symptoms for a more serious fault?

300-500 bucks to fix seems abit steep :(

I did the same thing as you it worked as normal since. hhhm

jimmeh
24-01-2005, 08:50 AM
take it to hannys performance. but wait til rob get back from indonesia. should be back in 2 weeks