PDA

View Full Version : Dual butterfly

tangyoonee
06-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Hi.
I was told the dual butterfly valve doesn't open.
How can I fix the problem?
Do I nd to replace it?
thanks.

OMG.JAI xD
06-06-2010, 07:59 PM
On what mate. Toyota? H22a? b18c2? ford? xforce?

Seriously.

Does it cross your mind that there are so many manufacturers that use a dual butterfly valve system. On the intake and exhaust side.

More info buddy.

And its a more efficient idea to diagnose the problem. There are a few things that can cause a valve not to open.

tangyoonee
06-06-2010, 10:08 PM
H23A blue top, intake side
chiyas

Zilli
07-06-2010, 08:17 AM
by butterfly im presuming you are talking about the throttle body "butterfly's". If these are not opening there are two reasons.

1) One or both of them are jammed shut by some sort of mechnical interference in the throttle body or by the mounts or something around them
2) These will be cable operated in that motor, it could mean your cable is damaged/snapped (unlikely snapped as you would have NO throttle) or they might need some adjustment to get the second one open).

OMG.JAI xD
07-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Secondary runner butterflies in the intake manifold is controlled by vacuum. Not cable.
They open for the shorter runners to open at higher rpms. Similar to the DC2 Vtir system. And if these arent working the engine will still operate. You just wont have low end torque or top end torque dependant on the position its seized/stuck at.

Best to check the things controlling those valves.
There are ways to check it. But i cbf writing an essay just to figure it out. Its best to send it back to your mech if you dont really know where to start.