PDA

View Full Version : EG Civic Cluster Questions

hitoriko
07-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Hi guys

I've had my EG about 6 months now and i was having problems with the cluster's fuel gauge on some occasions it worked and then for weeks at a time it would stop and then start again i've been limited to using my KM Trip Meter as a guide to my fuel and when the little amber light pops on.

I've changed my Fuel pump & sender units and both have had no effect i've spoken to a couple mechanics and they all say it would be the cluster. So i need a new cluster, however if possible i'd like to upgrade it to something better, are tehre any options?

My Car is a 95 EG5 Vti Manual Hatch.

So do i need to get one with the SRS light?
What are the options for 'upgrades'?

Thanks in advance

hito

m.o.d.aus
07-06-2010, 10:43 PM
You have a couple of options on upgrading your cluster.

All depends on how much money, time and effort you are willing to put into it.

You have roughly 3 options:

Upgrade to an eg6 cluster, these have a white face, looks really nice, straight swap. Go for between 150(very cheap/hard to find it this price) to 300odd+, depending on condition etc...

Upgrade/modify a dc2/r cluster, will need to do some wire mods, but has been done many a time before, diy's galour! Doesnt fit 100% stock, but most ppl who do this arent too fused. $150 should get you a decent dc2 cluster. dc2r unsure.

Last option, and is the hardest, rarest, crasiest option out there, but an option none the less.

Is to modify an s2000 cluster, there is a diy or two floating around the place (mainly HT), will need to make a custombacking plate to have it looking anywhere near flush, but again, if you willing to put in the time, effort and money, is extreamly rare and different, some could even say, 'Very baller' - US slang. If you have to ask about pricing, i wouldnt recomend doing it...

Mod.

hitoriko
07-06-2010, 10:59 PM
You have a couple of options on upgrading your cluster.

All depends on how much money, time and effort you are willing to put into it.

You have roughly 3 options:

Upgrade to an eg6 cluster, these have a white face, looks really nice, straight swap. Go for between 150(very cheap/hard to find it this price) to 300odd+, depending on condition etc...

Upgrade/modify a dc2/r cluster, will need to do some wire mods, but has been done many a time before, diy's galour! Doesnt fit 100% stock, but most ppl who do this arent too fused. $150 should get you a decent dc2 cluster. dc2r unsure.

Last option, and is the hardest, rarest, crasiest option out there, but an option none the less.

Is to modify an s2000 cluster, there is a diy or two floating around the place (mainly HT), will need to make a custombacking plate to have it looking anywhere near flush, but again, if you willing to put in the time, effort and money, is extreamly rare and different, some could even say, 'Very baller' - US slang. If you have to ask about pricing, i wouldnt recomend doing it...

Mod.

EG6 are they the SiR ones?
DC2r cluster will fit?

kcokla
07-06-2010, 11:13 PM
yes eg6 is SiR

dc2r will fit but will require modification,
its not plug and play.

you can also get another cluster from any eg,
itll beplug and play,
i strongly suggest not from a breeze, youll lose your rev metre.
gli/sir/si/vti is the way to go should cost you around $50-100 at most.

m.o.d.aus
08-06-2010, 11:41 AM
you can also get another cluster from any eg,
itll beplug and play,
i strongly suggest not from a breeze, youll lose your rev metre.
gli/sir/si/vti is the way to go should cost you around $50-100 at most.

Not all gli clusters came with a tachometer

And if you are looking for a vti/si replacement cluster, you wont find one under 100 bucks, in good condition, trust me i've tried. They normally go for around $120-150, as most eg owners want them.

Edit:
If you wanting to go down the dc2/r cluster path, here is what they look like with out making a custom backing, IMO doesnt look to bad:
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs331.ash1/28698_431182600861_621700861_6095293_3029219_n.jpg
Photo taken from RandyRhydah's 'My eg4 progress' thread - thanks man :)

hitoriko
08-06-2010, 12:06 PM
hmm i'll bite the bullet and get one from a wrecker $165 been quoted for either the DC2r or EG VTi so yeah

but i can get one from the stats a JDM one for 100AU

kcokla
08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I think frmo a wrecker you can get one much cheaper,
try to negociate,
tell them last time you bought one they charged you $80 or something.
$165 is stupidly steep in my opinion.

best of luck.

hitoriko
08-06-2010, 03:20 PM
yeah i know but i can get one for $55 but it doesn't have the SRS light and mine is an airbag one and im not sure if that will suit then

thoughts?