PDA

View Full Version : Condensation In The Car

Integ97
08-06-2010, 12:04 AM
hey, i was wondering if anyone can give me any advice or help to fix the condensation that occurs on the inside of my car, I'm not sure if its normal and everyone has the same as its winter and its cold. In the morning the whole inside of pretty much every windscreen has water droplets, that is if i slide my hand across the front of it a whole lot of water will get inside my car. As well my seats are a bit damp, and underneath my floor matt's as its plastic it is wet. any ideas what it could be ..or is it that car isnt seal'd properly, is there any ways i can fix this??

thanks in advanced

androo
08-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Wow that sounds really bad!!! Definitely not normal - Not in the city at least? Not sure where you're from. I have an Integra and all I get when it's very cold all I get is foggy windows at most. Would be interesting to hear what others have to say though! Good luck!!!

Integ97
08-06-2010, 09:00 AM
yeah, im in sydney north west area. This morning i just used a sponge and a towel to wipe off the water as putting on the aircon and air won't help to clear up water. Under the floor matts was wet too even the side mirrors i couldnt see as it was just like the inside windcreen... Please help

EK1.6LCIV
08-06-2010, 09:37 AM
loosing coolant?

Zilli
08-06-2010, 10:35 AM
^ to elaborate on the above, if you are losing coolant you may have a leak in the heater unit under the dash... this may explain the wet floors. But my understanding is this water must evaporate to create the condensation inside, highly unlikely in the current weather conditions

Is there a smell in the car?

Integ97
08-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey thanks for the input, it was infact due to the coolant whenever i used the heating, i had no coolant. Probs had coolant all over my windows hence the bad condensation i suppose.

Zilli or anyone would you know if the heating unit is "under the dash" or like behind it that is you would have to take out the dash to get to it .. i have a honda integra 1997 gsi