PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!! grinding sounds for my dc2

Nonobui
08-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Hi, wondering the reason y the grinding sounds come from one of the rear side of the wheel/rims/? not too sure. but out of the passenger side, while the car is moving slow.

will it b a serious problems as the sounds is just like the metal grinding (can hear clearly in the car through the window) , sort of brakes or... no idea.. LOLS. someone plese give me some advise.

grifty
08-06-2010, 06:39 PM
possibly a stuffed wheel bearing? jack up the back and spin the wheels buy hand to see if they make the noise.

Nonobui
08-06-2010, 07:17 PM
will it cost lots to b fixed? im gonna to bring my car for service another 2 days. they can fix it yea?

MWAKU
08-06-2010, 07:26 PM
if it is ur wheel bearing you have to replace the hub or someshit, but i had a similar problem turned out just to be my brakes running low, just needed to change to new pads

DC2-PWR
08-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Or probably just dirt in your brake pads, I had a simular problem on my 4wd and it was a small rock in my pads.

Try washing the rear wheels it could help.

Nonobui
08-06-2010, 08:34 PM
thanks a lots guyS!!! will try DC2-PWR 1st~ its freezing in melbie! damn! but car wash is oways needeD!!!

bennjamin
08-06-2010, 09:08 PM
could also be loose wheel/lug nuts. Check everything.

Nonobui
09-06-2010, 03:01 AM
hmmm... thanks guys. washed my wheels but the sound still there and my mates told me from engine. im like wtf...

might just left to the mechanic when i do my services and tell them the problems. :(

sorry for being extremely noob~ :angel:

Mr.PT
09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
i had the same problem.
it turned out to be a small rock stuck in my brakes, had to take of my wheel and shined a light into the brakes and saw a small rock took it out and its was A OK(Y)

Nonobui
11-06-2010, 03:50 PM
thanks. guyS!!! its solved.

dtrang
11-06-2010, 06:31 PM
solved? so can you say what was the proper issue that caused that sound? or are you saying that its just gone now.. confused

does it make the sound under load.. like turning a corner? or in a straight line as well?

fabezzz
11-06-2010, 06:43 PM
was probably the rock.

Nonobui
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM
i brought to the mechanic for servicing. was being told the was a dirt in there and was being removed. the noise came whenever its go slow (straight/turning).

Things wish to share:

There is another suprise tat is a few weeks before i had put in a new vtir gearbox.

But after brought to do my servicing (another place), being told some bolts was loosen and one had gone!!!! :eek: thanks god tat the gearbox didnt just drop out. **this might be funny for u people as im extreme NOOB on car**.

Wish to share where its from but being adviced tat i cant defame a business on ozhonda.

But anyone interested pm is allowed.

Tats a biggest lesson i ever got and never ever return to tat crap shop aint more!!!:thumbdwn: and i wont even intro any one who drive honda go tat place. As the first sight when i saw the place it looks reliable as its a "Honda" factory, fixing all hondas. but wat a shame!

dtrang
12-06-2010, 12:56 AM
cheers for clarifying and elaborating on the solution to your issue rather then just "solved" other people with similar issues searching up "grinding sounds" might find your experience helpful. :thumbsup: