PDA

View Full Version : Windscreen washer not working

androo
08-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey guys,

When I bought my Integra (1995 model) I didn't test the windscreen washer =(

I'm talking about the water spraying. It's not working. Not working at the front or back. The wipers themselves still work fine.

The thing is, there's no noise as well. The normal 'bzzz' sound when you pull the level (even if the water is empty) isn't there. I assume if I can hear something then something is clogged? But theres no sound at all.

I don't know what to look at or what to do. Any suggestions guys? I'm pretty damn noob mechanically.

Thanks heaps in advance.

Regards,
Andrew

JDM-05R
09-06-2010, 12:38 PM
it sounds like the motor for the washer is gone and needs replacing. or it could just simply be unplugged. there sould b x2 motors. btw the washer bottle is located behine the front bar passanger side.

androo
09-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Ok I'll check to see if its unplugged? Would there be a reason it's unplugged? Also where are the motors? I've already filled the bottle to the max lol

Thanks heaps for your help!

Tai
09-06-2010, 01:57 PM
check if the nozzles are clogged

JDM-05R
10-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Ok I'll check to see if its unplugged? Would there be a reason it's unplugged? Also where are the motors? I've already filled the bottle to the max lol

Thanks heaps for your help!

theres no reason it will be unplgged but its always good to check
also the motors are on the washer bottle itself behind the front bumper

check if the nozzles are clogged

it wont be the nozzles cause the motors are making no noise

Lukey
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM
do the motors have a fuse? might pay to check them?

grifty
10-06-2010, 07:29 PM
if possibly try and apply 12v to the motor on the bottom of the washer bottle itself. If you dont hear it work then its probably rusted or clogged up with rubbish.