PDA

View Full Version : What to do Next

96VTi-R
09-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Hey guys just after some help/tips in what to upgrade next in terms of handling performance,
I currently have a DC2 with Cusco Zero2 Coilovers, F+R Cusco Strut Bars, ITR Rear Sway + ASR Brace, TDM X-Bar and Kumho KU36 tyres.
So what would be the next best upgrade to go for?
btw I plan to track the car, first track day coming up real soon, 25th i think.

quangsuke
09-06-2010, 12:38 AM
think you've covered everything. guess ur next big leap can be roll cage and weight reduction of the car.

96VTi-R
09-06-2010, 09:42 AM
sweet, i was thinking of striping and a bolt in cage once i really start getting in to a lot more track days, but i haven't even had one yet so dunno if ill really get in to it or not, if its as fun as mountain runs I'm sure i will lol.

Is there any other bars or suspension components that make a decent difference in handling\rigidity?

EK1.6LCIV
09-06-2010, 11:17 AM
change busted and old bushings on the rear trailing arms, should handle fine if all your bushings are in good condition

RandyRhydah
09-06-2010, 04:11 PM
is it true cusco cages arnt cams legal? whys that and where can you get bolt in cages that are cams legal or do they have to be welded in?

96VTi-R
09-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Replacing the old bushings sounds like a good idea, with the cusco cages VTECMACHINE has a cams approved cusco cage not sure if its bolt in or not, but i seen on boostcruising evaded motorsport have bolt in half and full cages that are cams approved

chargeR
09-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Take it to the track. Then decide. Also take the opportunity to talk to a lot of people in the pits, but take note of what times people are doing. Don't listen to the slow guys :p.

DC2-PWR
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
don't listen to the slow guys :p.

==" lol

MM89
10-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Take it to the track. Then decide.

I would agree most to that. For now, your setup already seems like it'll handle on the track quite well. For your first track day, just take your car on to have some fun and learn the track and learn the car.
Then you will slowly see what you need. EG. at a tight hair pin, powering out of the corner, can't get enough grip; then perhaps you want better tyres, LSD. Or if you're pads fade within a couple of laps etc. A good wheel alignment will make quite some difference to how the car feels. So make sure this is done prior to your track day. Most importantly have fun.