PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window Problem (Solved)

marquee
09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Hey guys how are we, my first post so sorry if i get this wrong.

I have a Honda Accord 2003 I think its the CL9 correct me if im wrong.

Now for the problem:
Today i put my window down, and it wouldnt go back up eventually i got it back up by pressing the button and a few good bangs. I then stupidly tested it and same thing happened.

Now I have had no troubles with it previously even though i just bought it about 3 weeks ago.

It does go up about 2cm and then just goes straight back down. I have no idea whats wrong with it it seams like something gets stuck and then gives up. However i don't think it is getting stuck as it goes very smooth going down, and also when it works about 1 in 50 times it goes up with no problems and it doesnt work again.

Any ideas or anything, please let me know. Lucky its winter and it doesnt have to go down for a while.

Cheers Guys,

Marcus

Kodak
09-06-2010, 11:40 PM
the window could be out of alignment. another possibility is that the motor is on its way out, will it go up all the way if you "help" it. i.e pull it up?

marquee
10-06-2010, 03:48 PM
i cant get enough grip on it to help it up. but it works perfectly fine if i just put it down a little bit it goes back up without any problems, so maybe that means it might be slipping or something at the very bottom..

I did just have my car tinted could it have been possible that they have moved it out of allignment?

Kodak
10-06-2010, 03:54 PM
May have to remove the door panel and have a look.

rodericb
12-06-2010, 09:38 AM
I have what sounds like a similar issue - flick the switch to have the drivers window raise automatically and it'll go back down when you release the switch. Holding the switch will make it go up. It seems to want to get one third of the way up before the auto-up will work. Window doesn't seem to be binding and it happens very occasionally.

tony1234
12-06-2010, 09:54 AM
First try a bit of silicone spray down both window channels. If that doesn't work you'll have to take the door trim off and have a look to see what the problem is.I'll bet the tinter did something to cause the window to not work properly.

marquee
12-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Hey guys was playing around with the window seals and it seams like the one closest to the door handle going verticle is a bit stiff causing it to jam and not go up.

So i just sprayed some lubricants done the seal and it helped it out so thanks for all your suggestions and rep will be given :)

marquee
12-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I have what sounds like a similar issue - flick the switch to have the drivers window raise automatically and it'll go back down when you release the switch. Holding the switch will make it go up. It seems to want to get one third of the way up before the auto-up will work. Window doesn't seem to be binding and it happens very occasionally.

Yours sounds a bit more confusing as it sounds like maybe the acuator is playing up occasionally but not 100% sure :)

Ken-f
14-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Anyone know what can be causing a NOISY window? My front passenger window works like normal, but its its noticeably louder with a much more distinct buzz do it.

tron07
16-06-2010, 08:59 AM
mine squeeks slightly when going down, I think I will get it lubricated in the next service

tony1234
17-06-2010, 12:21 PM
mine squeeks slightly when going down, I think I will get it lubricated in the next service

Spray some silicone spray in and down both channels with the window down.should solve the problem.

rodericb
17-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Yours sounds a bit more confusing as it sounds like maybe the acuator is playing up occasionally but not 100% sure :)

I worked out yesterday that it does it when I have my elbow on the armrest. At least I've worked out what's causing it now :)