PDA

View Full Version : bubbling sound/water pump & radiator

kural7
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
guys when my car is running i get this really irritating bubbling sound coming from somewhere i coudn't figure it out.. i got a valve adjustment done thinking that might be whats making the sound that didn't seem to help and was a waist of 400 dollars.
as for my radiator i have two fans on it that wont spin when i start the car or give it a light frashing is this normal? do they only come on when the weather is extremely hot.. btw its a 05 honda accord euro..

VTECMACHINE
10-06-2010, 12:14 AM
What's a light "frashing" mean? You carry $400 around your waist?

nikolaz01
10-06-2010, 01:36 AM
guys when my car is running i get this really irritating bubbling sound coming from somewhere i coudn't figure it out.. i got a valve adjustment done thinking that might be whats making the sound that didn't seem to help and was a waist of 400 dollars.
as for my radiator i have two fans on it that wont spin when i start the car or give it a light frashing is this normal? do they only come on when the weather is extremely hot.. btw its a 05 honda accord euro..

Check your fan cables if there properly connected. Your thermostat might be busted thats why it ain't sensoring the heat to turn on the fans and cool down your radi.

Get a mechanic to check it then you can order the thermostat from honda shouldn't cost more then $60 depending on where you go spoon or mugen one should be around $110 and below.

Ask yonas from jdmyard for more info on the spoon/mugen theromstat's.

kural7
10-06-2010, 10:24 AM
thanks for the replies guys a light thrashing is me revving till about 6000 revs 1st 2nd and 3rd gear for about 10 minutes of a drive.. and thanks for fixing the grammatical mistakes made above. i check that the fan cables where in place properly. my thermo guard thing on the dash works fine like it moves as the cars heating up. no signs of over heating. i think i might end up taking it to a mechanic. that blows more money down the drain...

2MPRS
10-06-2010, 05:38 PM
ur fans arent meant to be on all the time and they should never turn on when u start the car the fan should only turn on when the car gets to a certain temp and then shuts off soon after.

grifty
10-06-2010, 11:18 PM
Your fans only usually turn on while ur stationary eg. waiting at a set of lights

bennjamin
11-06-2010, 02:59 PM
if you hear bubbling....

sounds like the coolant level is too low and OR its mostly WATER. Should be premixed coolant.

kural7
11-06-2010, 05:51 PM
hey guys thanks for all the help i took it took a mechanic today not to honda cause they said it was water pump and wanted to charge me 450 for it
. he said its most probably the bearing inside of the alternator may need to be refurbished most likely. he said drive it for another week wait till the sound gets worst then it will be easier to diagnose...
any ideas on where i can pick one up for cheap? should i just renew the alternator or get it cleaned out? any ideas?

2MPRS
11-06-2010, 10:07 PM
y the hell would it be ur alternator :S alternator doesnt make bubling noises lmaoo

kural7
12-06-2010, 12:15 PM
lol ye its not exactly a bubbling noise but thats wat best describes it.. the mechanic goes its more like a grinding sound.. so it could be the bearings in the alternator. only reason i believe him is cause the guy is actually a decent mechanic and doesnt charge an arm and a leg. e.g Honda dealer..