PDA

View Full Version : gauges

VTECANDY
10-06-2010, 01:28 AM
Does anyone know how to professionally install a Oil pressure, Water Temp and Voltage Gauge on a 92 JDM prelude? and if you live in melbourne and can do it for me, let me know, will pay you to do it :)

EK1.6LCIV
10-06-2010, 07:53 AM
oil pressure easiest way is to use a sandwich plate (use hondabond or rtv on the back of it along the gasket, cannot stress this enough, otherwise it'll have a very very slight weep) and run the sender off it and plug off the other two spare ports (using thread tape on all connections), water you put the sender on the top radiator hose by cutting it about dead centre a gap to suit the sender and clamping the sender into place, volts is pretty useless it's unneeded information (but I would be interested to know who in a 12v car needs this info lol)

as for wiring, Im not an electrian (can do it but wouldnt be as neat and when you have friends where it's there trade, this is where beer is exchanged lol) but if you had the time there's a few threads on here in the diy section

VTECANDY
10-06-2010, 08:24 PM
you reckon you could do the entire thing? lol i havent got the wires, just the sensors and gauges as they are TYPE R gauges from ebay and ended up paying 50 bucks for the lot :P pretty goodd, how much beer are we talking about? and are you from Melbourne? It says your from brisbane