PDA

View Full Version : 2008 civic type r - rfi

CIVIC-R
10-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Hello All,

I purchased a 2008 CIVIC type R yesterday, after a 5 year hiatus from driving honda cars. It feels good to be back in a quality car.

ANyways, I have read that the CIVIC TYPE R has ipod connectivity. But i cant find where to connect the ipod. Any one?

Also, I would like to get a handsfree kit for the car, anyone reccomend of any?

Thanks alot

Philip Lee
10-06-2010, 04:31 PM
ipod connection is only standard from MY09 model. so it's likely that your car doesn't have one.

Xpire
11-06-2010, 09:39 PM
It should have an auxillary socket though I think, not as good as an iPod connector I guess

ekay1
13-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Isnt the auxilary socket and the ipod connector the same? I think all you need is the cord which connects the ipod to the jack. It should be somewhere near the lighter jack thingy.

Xpire
13-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Isnt the auxilary socket and the ipod connector the same? I think all you need is the cord which connects the ipod to the jack. It should be somewhere near the lighter jack thingy.

The auxillary socket lets you plug in a 3.5mm audio connector, the ipod connector actually connects into the ipod directly.

You'll need an 3.5mm audio connector to be able to use the auxillary plug.

The one near the lighter jack is the auxillary plug, not sure where the ipod plug is located...

tinymoon
13-06-2010, 10:48 PM
At usually the Ipod Plug should be in the armrest console (open it up and it should be there)
It gives you full control og the Ipod through factory ICE