PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy Lowering Of Car !!

Ozwolfbane
22-12-2004, 12:11 AM
If u wanna lower the car but dont have dough...
how r these : http://www.jaracing.com.au/content.php?id=10
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=4508327235 (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43807&item=4508327235)

what are the pros and cons ?

Also what after market springs can i buy that will keep my cars handling and feel like stock ? I Dont want anything more and i dont have too much dough either

ta

flipmods
22-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Wont work as our spring coils are too close together, the clamps won't fit. I haven't seen them clamps work on any car, plus they are dangerous.

vtc
22-12-2004, 12:22 AM
If you were really that cheap, just find 2nd hand king springs for 100. Same price as that and way better. But if you cant afford to do it properly, then dont, casue later down the track your gonna stuff up your car even more.

180athid
22-12-2004, 12:55 AM
yeah they are very dangerous guys king springs are cheap anyways cuting springs would be safer than them

Clayts
22-12-2004, 01:27 AM
yeah clamps wont fit.you could cut your factory springs for now.till ya save enough money for some new or second hand springs...

Ozwolfbane
22-12-2004, 01:50 AM
ok so thats a complete no no.....yeh if they snap or something :|

Also what after market springs can i buy that will keep my cars handling and feel like stock ? I Dont want anything more and i dont have too much dough either ... I heard kings are crap

vtc
22-12-2004, 03:15 AM
well sorry to say that theres no way of lowering your car, without spending some decent $. When you lower your car you need to change your whole suspension. So u can get cheap king springs, but then you need the shocks to go with them, or else your stock ones are going to fail very soon under the extra load.

Id say you would have to fork out a minimum of $500 for a 2nd hand package. Just keep searching forums as they do pop up now and then. but your car is not as common so less chances (compared to civics)

Goodluck

JDM Element
22-12-2004, 04:20 AM
Likewise, i dunno if id be game to drive a car hard on those. Best to get it done properly, some things u just can't skimp on...

jords
22-12-2004, 11:55 AM
Safety first people, do it properly man.

Ozwolfbane
22-12-2004, 12:16 PM
what after market springs can i buy that will keep my cars handling and feel like stock ? I Dont want anything more and i dont have too much dough either ... I heard kings are crap

FANATK
22-12-2004, 12:21 PM
only buy if you selling your car!
then the new owner will have a lil surprise

Phantasm
22-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Arent those clamps just designed for cars shows and stuff and not sposed to be used while driving???

wynode
22-12-2004, 01:31 PM
Don't even THINK of driving your car with spring clamps. They are only for show purposes.

bennjamin
22-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Don't even THINK of driving your car with spring clamps. They are only for show purposes.
Think of it , as in trying to run with your shoelaces tied together.

Dominik
22-12-2004, 04:24 PM
what after market springs can i buy that will keep my cars handling and feel like stock ? I Dont want anything more and i dont have too much dough either ... I heard kings are crap
Ok, ok, we get the picture, you're broke and you want stock-like ride and you have heard Kings are crap. No need to post the same thing over and over!
You cannot have stock ride and lowered. Stock ride is soft and wallowy so that ma and pa buyers wont complain. If you lower it and had the same ride as stock then you would bottom out over each and every bump. You could say goodnight to your shocks after about 1 month
The lower you go the stiffer the suspension needs to be, in order to make sure you dont bottom out (thats where the rod in the shock goes all the way to the bottom - its bad mmkay?).
The cheapest solution (although illegal, and insurance voiding) is cutting your springs.
Other than that, i guess you could save up for Air suspension - soft wallowy suspension just like stock, and at the flick of a switch, low and sexy.

mytoycivic
22-12-2004, 06:05 PM
dont cut your springs. its dumb.

if you want a comfy ride but a lowered look, go for something like Eibach springs. a little more on the expensive side, but are a much better quality spring.

by the way, you will only ever get what you pay for, so if you want to do it properly, just wait till you can afford the good quality gear.

airbags will certainly not be in your budget if you dont have much 'dough'

PhatSol
22-12-2004, 08:29 PM
If you can't afford it then don't do it? Simple really. Nothing in life is free.

SCRAPN
22-12-2004, 08:47 PM
lowering your car is the one mod you dont wanna be a tight ass while doing.. safety and comfort how can you scrimp on sumthin that could save your life and sanity,....

just fork out a couple hundred and get it dun right jus save ur pennies...

civ_sik
22-12-2004, 09:24 PM
and also stop saying the same thing over and over... and why does everyone write the same response in the same thread if its been said once... i dont think it needs to be said again....

SCRAPN
22-12-2004, 09:32 PM
newbie its called disscussion and just clarifys the point, also one persons post might be incorrect.....

wynode
22-12-2004, 11:44 PM
and also stop saying the same thing over and over... and why does everyone write the same response in the same thread if its been said once... i dont think it needs to be said again....
As above.

Doesn't do harm to re-iterate something that is correct.

To the original poster: Pickup some springs and pm bennjamin........he will be more than happy to install them for you for a good price in Sydney!

barefootbonzai
23-12-2004, 11:04 AM
My ride was already lowered using some apexi springs. But i just got some new 18" rims yesterday and now my car doesn't look as low no more. Is it possible for me to lower it another inch with out buying another set of springs?

mbilic
23-12-2004, 11:40 AM
just get kings, there isnt nething wrong wit them, i know of heaps of ppl who hav had em n not 1 problem, a brand new set of 4 for ur car would cost around $250, n installing them is easy(but time consuming)
dont listen 2 pplz bull$hit until u try it urself, i'm recommending the springs 2 u

Ozwolfbane
23-12-2004, 12:36 PM
thas it im getting some Skunk2 off America...anyone want some ?

Redteg
23-12-2004, 02:19 PM
Why are Kings Springs crap? I'm pretty happy with them and suspension is one area of my car in which I have invested a great deal of effort to get just right. sure, I won't win any King of Defect awards at Autosalon, but thats a good thing :)

civ_sik
23-12-2004, 03:29 PM
kings arent crap... its just some people have pleasure in putting down other peoples things... because they bought what they want so they think cause they have it that it is better... which is not always the case...

PhatSol
23-12-2004, 10:47 PM
Lots of people say king springs are crap, but in my own personal experience I never had a problem with them. :thumbsup:

armak81
24-12-2004, 01:53 AM
I've had Kings Springs for over a 2 years and haven't had a problem. Wasn't the most comfortable ride with stock shocks. Since i've had Koni Yellows installed its been all good.

mytoycivic
24-12-2004, 07:38 AM
is it as good a ride with the koni yellows + kings as koni yellows + eibach sportline?