PDA

View Full Version : Which set up would be better ? (suspension)

subie
11-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Hi guys,

i'm in the market for new set up for my eg4.. i wanna lower my car about 50mm, i'm going to use this car for everyday run around, no track use at all! so, i want it soft and comfy, no bumpy nor harsh..

so, would be be better set up between these two...

- HSD TT coilover: anyone has any experience with them? any feed back?

- Koni sport with king spring: any feed back?

any more inputs are welcome

Cheers

AlexK
11-06-2010, 08:00 PM
I have not had any experience with HSD TT coilovers, but at the end of the day there going to be smoother and most likely adjustable to a height that's more suitable for you with king springs, i have them on my car at the moment there okay but i would prefer coilovers.
Good Luck mate :)

TheSaint
11-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Tein S-Tech springs are perfect for this ... im using skunk2 shocks with them for a bit more performance .. but matched with either stock or koni shocks than you will have a very nice smooth ride

hitoriko
11-06-2010, 11:47 PM
koni adjustables and lovells Sport Low i had them on both my ke70 & ae86 and were very comfy

Red_EG4
12-06-2010, 02:49 PM
I'd stay away from track style adjustable coilovers with linear spring rates.
Tein S-Tech or Spoon Progressive springs with some Koni shocks sound nice to me.

subie
12-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks guys :) and more inputs are welcome :)

Tein S-Tech springs are perfect for this ... im using skunk2 shocks with them for a bit more performance .. but matched with either stock or koni shocks than you will have a very nice smooth ride

Hi TheSaint, how low the S-Tech lowered your car?

Cheers

dougie_504
14-06-2010, 11:20 AM
If you want a 'soft and comfy' ride in a daily driver that's never going to be tracked then just get some king springs, super low or something. Coils are a no.

TheSaint
14-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Tein S-Tech only dropped the car about 1" ... maybe 1.25"

i have found king springs to be a little uncomfortable ... the Teins have a bit more cornering performance and are more comfortable overall

they dont provide super stiff performance on stock shocks ... so if you are looking for a slightly more aggressive ride make sure you match them up with a quality shock ... im about to get skunk2 sports ... but koni will be pretty good if u have a bit more $$ to spend

boy180
09-07-2010, 11:08 PM
got a mate that has a set of HSD TT coilovers on his levin, not an eg, so i wont know what it feels like, but for sure when i was in the levin, it was crazy bumps galore, very uncomfortable to be honest.. what ive been told, the HR series that are above the TT series are a much more of a comfortable ride.. another mate of mine has it on his 350z so again i dont know whats it like in a civic, but im heading towards that path as they are only about $1600 in comparison to the TT series which are $1400.. guess ill have my input then!!

cheapdouchebag
10-07-2010, 01:23 AM
id go koni's with eibach springs to be honest. thats if your planning to open up ur vehicle once in a while with some crazy illegal driving somewhere thats famous for its bends etc.

but if its just everyday, some lowering springs would do. i was gunna say king springs, but obviously others dont recomend it.
its up to you :D wouldnt bust out money for coilovers or a spring n shock combo if ur not gunna use it.

OH YEAH, why not DC2 suspension (cant remember it was dc2r specifically)

dougie_504
10-07-2010, 05:43 PM
DC2 wouldn't really drop an EG, quite the opposite yeah? There's a set of Fulcrum coilovers for the EG for sale in the parts section for $550. Fulcrum is affiliated with Tein and make great sussy. Serviceable in Australia.

meatball
10-07-2010, 10:36 PM
koni yellows with ground control sleeves and tein springs? ;)

JDM-EGG
10-07-2010, 10:42 PM
i got koni yellows for sale if u guys want for eg

meatball
10-07-2010, 10:53 PM
i got koni yellows for sale if u guys want for eg

with jumbo springs! was jst looking at it.. its cheap as