View Full Version : hard buddyclub n+

ekfour97
11-06-2010, 10:22 PM
so ive just had buddyclub n+ coilovers installed in my ek4 , and they seem rock hard . ive got the
settings on soft but i can only push my front end down about 5mm - so far driven 200ks and they have sagged a little . ive heard that these coilovers arent supposed to be to bad on the street but it feels like sometimes my rear wheels are coming off the ground with a thud and when im going up driveways one rear wheel is coming off the ground .when i drive hard they seem bettter , also cars not overly low bout 80-90mm off ground . any ideas ? how are other eks with bc n+ on the street , is it bout normal ? cheers

espionage85
11-06-2010, 11:17 PM
wow, i installed buddyclub n+ in my friends ej8, and i thought the hardest setting was to soft lol..
maybe different springs?

ekfour97
12-06-2010, 12:33 PM
could it be spring tensioner is to tight ????

npcan2
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I've got them on the hardest setting on my Euro, and they feel probs 15-20% stiffer than stock.

EG5
12-06-2010, 11:36 PM
wow, i installed buddyclub n+ in my friends ej8, and i thought the hardest setting was to soft lol..
maybe different springs?

does this car run ek9 front and rear sway bar ?

aaronng
13-06-2010, 01:43 AM
.when i drive hard they seem bettter , also cars not overly low bout 80-90mm off ground . any ideas ? how are other eks with bc n+ on the street , is it bout normal ? cheers
How did you adjust the height of the car using the N+? Did you do it using the lower spring perch or did you adjust it using the lower part of the shock body?

Example pic below. Did you adjust the height using the two red rings in the middle or using the black ring and red shock body at the bottom? If it is the two red rings, then you probably have very little shock travel and are riding on the bumpstops.
http://www.hpautoworks.com/images/n1.jpg

ekfour97
13-06-2010, 07:39 AM
thanks for that . had them installed by pros or i thought so .... will check in a couple of hrs . i am running ek9 rear swaybar and ek4 front sway but i agree with arronng
seems like its riding on the bumpstops

ekfour97
13-06-2010, 10:57 AM
so theres 1.5'' of shaft showing in the rear . seems spring is wound up tight , do i loosen the 2 red rings then then the black 1 and then twist tube shaft downward
or just loosen the spring a bit via 2 red rings .

SiReal
13-06-2010, 11:17 AM
get a good mate who knows what hes doing, take the whole lot out, fix the preload up, then adjust the height using the bottom perch. there is no quick way about it.

if you're quick, it should take 1 to 2 hours max.

If you adjust it in the car, then it'll be more difficult re setting/tightening etc. Off the car, its a world of difference.

ekfour97
13-06-2010, 11:30 AM
cant i adjust 2 red rings lower by 20 turns thus giving me more use off spring .

SiReal
13-06-2010, 11:33 AM
u can, but your ride height will change as a result, going lower. if u r happy with the result, then *high five* :p

ekfour97
13-06-2010, 11:36 AM
ok ive lowered by 10 full turns already thought i as right . does feel a tad softer will go to twenty turns and if its too low adjust with black ring .
am i correct . cheers

SiReal
13-06-2010, 12:06 PM
the preload should be set (the two rings), so that the spring is neither compressed nor loose. It should be sitting there with no movement.

To adjust via the black ring, u will have to loosen the fork (if front) and then turn the casing. for the rears, the whole unit wil have to come out if adjusting via the black ring/casing.

ekfour97
13-06-2010, 12:30 PM
cheers thats what i thought - im doing rears now then ill do the fronts - 10 turns - and see how it is .. thanks