PDA

View Full Version : Squeaking at front left wheel

maestro
11-06-2010, 11:00 PM
Hi,
I drive a 2007 Accord euro lux with sat nav 6MT with around 32,000 km done (bought second hand at around 25000km). I'm a light footed and careful driver most of the time and rarely ever thrash my car (even then, it may just be a bit more acceleration).
Today i was driving into my court which has quite a high kerb at the entrance (its almost as high as a normal kerb, but maybe just a bit shorter and not as steep). As per usual, i wait until theres no more oncoming traffic before i take my right turn so that i can practically come to a stop before i enter my court. This time however, right after my usual slow approach to the kerb, i suddenly hear a loud squeaking sound from my front left wheel as i start to move off.. i stopped the car and went into first, slowly released clutch and the same loud screech/squeal.. i tried reverse however, and there was no squeel.. then i tried to drive about 10m.. after the initial screech, it suddenly stopped and i thought it was because i ran something over .. so i stopped .. and as i moved off.. the screech came back... now my car is parked in the garage and whenever i nudge the front left wheel with my foot, it screeches, please help! (also i think its starting to screech in reverse cause i tried out first second and reverse gear, i hear screeches in all of them)

JDM-05R
11-06-2010, 11:54 PM
hey man i feel for ya. first of all remove the wheel and see whats going on? maybe something is just rubbing
have a look and let us know

maestro
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
hey JDM, i just removed the wheel and now i'm quite sure that its coming from the brakes.. spinning it makes the screeching sound

aaronng
12-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Probably a small stone or large grain of sand is caught in between the brake pad and the disk rotor.

TheSaint
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
try rotating the wheel backwards ... drive in reverse for 100m or something ... might free up any dirt or small rocks in between the pad and rotor

Chriskoss
12-06-2010, 04:12 PM
or take out your pads and clean them.. not that hard man

maestro
12-06-2010, 05:06 PM
thanks guys, family friend came over and replaced the brake pads, its all good now