PDA

View Full Version : Perspex ?? thick stuff

lerroy
22-12-2004, 08:12 AM
Hi

planning a install in the boot 2 amps 10" sub i want the sub in a box with perspex front with the sub is screwed into the persex ,if you know what i mean...

Anyway question is i have been to hardware shops and they only have thin persex like 1/4 inch thats not gonna hold a sub....

Anyone know of retailers online or not, that sell soething like that and i only want a small peice :)

Or is this not a good i idea and stick with MDF for mounting and just have a persex window

thanks guys

Fhrx
22-12-2004, 09:19 AM
There is nothing wrong with using a perspex face on your sealed enclosure at all besides the cost. You'll need at least 1 inch thick perspex and the price will be in 100's of dollars.

You can get it from places like FX Plastics @ Marrickville, The Plastic Center @ Rockdale or Visual Plastics @ Taren Point. :)

vtc
22-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Ive done what you want to do. I had the logo of the sub cut out. but my box is ported.

Mz Integrra
22-12-2004, 01:35 PM
There's also a Plastix Centre on Canterbury Rd Bankstown if thats close to you. My brother went there and got what you're after, for his sub box.... wasn't too expensive, but you pay for quality / thickness don't forget :)

lerroy
22-12-2004, 02:04 PM
hmmmm

cool thanks guys so nothing wrong with it

1 inch thick ill have to start getting some prices then

you dont have any pieces lying around do you Marty heheh :P

Snoop_gee
23-03-2005, 08:45 AM
i am in melbourne i wanna get some perspex made of a certain type diemension made where can i get it from in melbourne?

panda[cRx]
23-03-2005, 01:24 PM
perspec costs alot more than u think. a guy from my work put a 12 grand system in his rx7 and the guy that installed it warned him he'd have to replace the glass on the hatch with perspex... cost him an absolute mint!!

z3lda
23-03-2005, 01:34 PM
i am in melbourne i wanna get some perspex made of a certain type diemension made where can i get it from in melbourne?

theres this place that makes perspexs. they cut to size for you too.

its on princess hwy, clayton area. on the hill, where theres BP on the left going towards the city. its between BP and Monash Hospital

VTC-8OY
23-03-2005, 11:30 PM
strathfield car radio's actually sell BOSS sub boxes made from perspex with a sub BOSS sub already included, so u could jus throw out that junk of a sub n throw ur own sub in.. but MDF really is the one to use if u want great sound quality!