PDA

View Full Version : Convert my EG GL ---> VTI ??

egb16b
12-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Hey guys..my cousin just bought a new car and will no longer be using his EG VTI anymore so i was thinking of buying it off him.. for cheap of course.

Now since the body and interior is heaps better on my car..I was thinking of swapping all the good bits out of the VTI and chucking them on my GL.

So swapping the SOHC V-TEC motor, EFI lines and fuel tank and ECU, rear brakes and some other suspension goodies the GL missed out on.

Do you guys think it's worth my trouble?? The motor on my GL is in pretty mint condition..def better then the SOHC V-TEC in the VTI..thats not to say the d16 is in bad condition though.

I was thinking it'll be worth it..cos when i do convert it to b18c..it'll already be efi and have rear brakes.

I can then sell the left over parts once i'm done with it.

What you guys think???

[JDM DC2]
12-06-2010, 06:33 PM
its a massive job. If your doing it yourself and have all the tools it will make things alot cheaper. Unless your GL is in much better condition than his vti then IMO its not worth it

hitoriko
12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
As Above, since your already going to go B16/18 route later i suggest you pass on your cousins car.

spend that money on upgrading your brakes and suspension on your GL.

hope that helps

[[d a n n y]]
13-06-2010, 05:35 AM
sell your car
and fix your cousins car
get rid of the carby

egb16b
13-06-2010, 04:30 PM
yeah i'll be doing most of the work myself..i'll probably buy the car for 1k..so after taking all the parts i need from the VTI then i can sell the parts off.

So you reckon it's not worth it??

I was thinking fix my cousins car and get rid of mine but to get his car to the condition of my one will cost me quite a bit anyway..the panels and paint are pretty screwed.

But yeah i really wanna get rid of this carby though...

Anybody else got any ideas?

[[d a n n y]]
13-06-2010, 05:30 PM
yeah i'll be doing most of the work myself..i'll probably buy the car for 1k..so after taking all the parts i need from the VTI then i can sell the parts off.

So you reckon it's not worth it??

I was thinking fix my cousins car and get rid of mine but to get his car to the condition of my one will cost me quite a bit anyway..the panels and paint are pretty screwed.

But yeah i really wanna get rid of this carby though...

Anybody else got any ideas?

it's worth it though
get good price for your carby and get a rock bottom price for the vti
a good cond vti is worth good money
plus u have a higher spec car

androo
14-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Yeh,

I'd sell your car, buy your cousins car and fix that one up. If not give me your cousins number and I'll go buy it =] No sht I'm serious. PM me

cheapdouchebag
14-06-2010, 12:46 AM
imo, carbys suck when you wanna do engine conversions.
gotta convert to efi, and thats a real god damn B!$%h.
its hard to find a eg vti with under 170xxxkm's these days going for 4g or less with rwc n rego.
id love to find one.

i know some of yous would be ''dude vti's are out there ur not looking hard enough''
ive been on firesport every day (im from vic)
ive been on carsales every day
ive been on trading post every day

any other real popular site besides ebay id love to know :D but ive been doing this since the start of the year n not many updates. haha

so yeah, go buy your cousins car :D

hitoriko
14-06-2010, 12:12 PM
imo, carbys suck when you wanna do engine conversions.
gotta convert to efi, and thats a real god damn B!$%h.
its hard to find a eg vti with under 170xxxkm's these days going for 4g or less with rwc n rego.
id love to find one.

i know some of yous would be ''dude vti's are out there ur not looking hard enough''
ive been on firesport every day (im from vic)
ive been on carsales every day
ive been on trading post every day

any other real popular site besides ebay id love to know :D but ive been doing this since the start of the year n not many updates. haha

so yeah, go buy your cousins car :D

i was lucky enough to get my brother in laws VTi (95) with 200,xxx on the clock for 4k with rego, he was the 2nd owner and now im the 3rd :P he owned it for 1 year exactly!
there hard to find and most have been thrashed lucky for me my bro in law look after everything as if its made of glass so i got a bargin

egb16b
14-06-2010, 04:32 PM
hmm so everybody reckons buy the VTi.....yeah i'll go suss it out see how much work it needs to get it mickey mouse.

thanks for the replies dudes!

VT3C
16-06-2010, 01:24 AM
yeah cause what are you going to 'de-convert' the VTi to a GL carby and re-rego and on-sell ? or going to be left with a bare GL shell and a carby motor in the corner of the garage ?

egb16b
17-06-2010, 09:06 PM
nah i was going to basically have it sitting there for spare parts and also sell whatever i can on here and other forums or whatever.

i'm actually going to have a look at the car see what work needs to be done.

if all goes well i might have 2 eg's sitting in my garage soon.

hitoriko
17-06-2010, 09:35 PM
if you do decide to wreck pm me about the bonnet
cheers