PDA

View Full Version : Cusco Lower Arm Bar (Type II)

asxu
14-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Just installed a Cusco Lower Arm Bar that came with my Euro, but I have only just gotten around to doing.

I have taken it for a test drive and definitely notice the difference, but when taking off there seems to be a knocking noise. It's hard to explain - but it's definitely a knock that I have never heard before and I'm positive it's not coming from the engine itself.

Has anyone else got one installed? If so do you experience the knocking noise, or not?

felixd
14-06-2010, 06:58 PM
knocking is from ur flex pipe touching the bar :) easy fix get another braket made up for the flex pipe section :)

asxu
14-06-2010, 08:20 PM
felixd, sorry.. but what do you mean by another bracket?

As long as it's not doing any damage it should be fine for the next few days - right? Not to keen on jacking it up again, just getting the trolley jack underneath it was a pain in the ass!

felixd
14-06-2010, 08:52 PM
how low is ur car ? use the brick and jack it up for clearance :)

x10Hz
15-06-2010, 12:07 PM
brick = win

sodaz
16-06-2010, 11:48 AM
It's definitely part of the exhaust touching the car. Put it on a hoist and you will see exactly where it's touching.

The bar is quite soft and if you hit speed bumps it can bend it and end up touching exhaust components. The Type II one has a tendency of touching the stock cat heat shield too on top of that.