PDA

View Full Version : Buying an S2000 in Japan

jford04
14-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Hey guys
Next year or the year after I'm planning to move to Japan for about a year, I plan on buying an S2000 to drive over there, and bring it home with me (Import Tax Free I hear).
Dose anyone know how much you can expect to pay for it over there? In addition, how much to import?

Just wanna make sure it's worth doing before I actually do it....

STAiN MASTER
14-06-2010, 09:45 PM
http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/importing_vehicles/general/index.aspx

blackouT
14-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I heard you cant import honda s2000.

lilthug
14-06-2010, 10:47 PM
personal import

Si1enzio
14-06-2010, 11:02 PM
http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/importing_vehicles/general/index.aspx

Good man, all the info is there.
If you owned & used it for over a year, you should be able to get the permit.

euromandeluxe
14-06-2010, 11:29 PM
ooh. how do you handle the lack of 100RON in aus ?
reduce compression?
if you have the money... get an NSX-R!

rokkuchan
15-06-2010, 10:26 AM
keep adding octane booster or buy fuel from the airport with ROn110

ooh. how do you handle the lack of 100RON in aus ?
reduce compression?
if you have the money... get an NSX-R!

EvolElmo
15-06-2010, 11:35 AM
You need to prove you parked it, had it registered under your name and used it. You can't just buy one, never rego it and bring it back a year later. Also, need visa information to show you were there for a year etc.

Is it worth it for a car thats available over here? No. Will rego and parking cost you a ****load? Hell yes.

Get a car that is unique to Japan, or a lot cheaper than a version of the car here. NSX-R fits that. Get something worth it. Parking alone will cost you almost as much as the car.

STAiN MASTER
15-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Good man, all the info is there.
If you owned & used it for over a year, you should be able to get the permit.

Thanks man, yeah alot of info there, lots of things can be found on this search engine called google, people should use it they might find what their looking for.

LEWD
16-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Good luck buying a car in Japan and running it!

I used to live there and its not as simple as buying a car here in Australia, especially if you live in Tokyo, or another major city.

Do your homework as to the possibility of buying the car before you start looking into being able to import it.

jford04
17-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Good luck buying a car in Japan and running it!

I used to live there and its not as simple as buying a car here in Australia, especially if you live in Tokyo, or another major city.

Do your homework as to the possibility of buying the car before you start looking into being able to import it.

Go on......