PDA

View Full Version : INJEN CAI DC5R Issue

WATAJK
14-06-2010, 09:23 PM
Has anyone had this issue before that im about to explain.
As i've not been able to drive my car my missus took it for a drive for the first time in about 3 weeks since it was un-registered (she has driven the car before so she knows all about WOT :D) (Loss of license for 6 months)
Anyway... when basically redlining the car, the CAI just wasn't asloud as it was... it doesn't SCREAM out as loud... it's much more quiet i guess i could put it... But VTEC feels fine, just the strong screaming induction noise isn't there anymore.... it's much more subtle... before you say im getting used to my car... i can assure you it's not as i had a friend who drove it today and picked up on what i meant...
I had a few issues with water before i lost my license but never hydrolocked it so it's been perfectly fine...
OIL & OIL Pressure are perfectly fine (Have gauges to show this)
Possibly could it be to stale fuel as the car has just sat there??
Fluids haven't been moving around as i've only started the car in my garage but never driven it??
Possible that i need to change my pod filter on the CAI??

Any help on this topic would be appreciated as im sure this would be an issue some others might have in future.
Car was serviced just before i handed in my license but i only had the CAI for about 2 months (1500kms)

Thank you.

jyh888
15-06-2010, 01:23 AM
Did you let the car warm up before you redlined it? Because on a cold engine, the high-lift cams don't switch over and hence vtec does not engage which might have been the reason why you didnt hear a very loud induction noise. Since you haven't driven the car for a while, I'd definately drive the car for a while to let engine run to normal operating temp and its a good idea to change engine oil every 6months or 5000km which ever comes first. I doubt the pod filter needs to be changed since you said you only had it for 1500kms (im assuming its brand new) otherwise take the filter out, inspect and clean it.

WATAJK
15-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Did you let the car warm up before you redlined it? Because on a cold engine, the high-lift cams don't switch over and hence vtec does not engage which might have been the reason why you didnt hear a very loud induction noise. Since you haven't driven the car for a while, I'd definately drive the car for a while to let engine run to normal operating temp and its a good idea to change engine oil every 6months or 5000km which ever comes first. I doubt the pod filter needs to be changed since you said you only had it for 1500kms (im assuming its brand new) otherwise take the filter out, inspect and clean it.

Car was perfectly warm. Oil temp was at the right temp so everything was the way it needed to be.
So that rules out what you said sadly to say :(

Lowiez
15-06-2010, 12:07 PM
http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8401&page=2

That your thread?
Im assuming so.

Pretty much have all the speculation/opinion you can have there already, without seeing the car at WOT in person.
Could be an issue or could be something simple.
Either way, if you cant solve it take it to a reputable honda mechanic, easiest way to find out if you cant solve it yourself or with the specualtion already given to you.

WATAJK
15-06-2010, 05:46 PM
http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8401&page=2

That your thread?
Im assuming so.

Pretty much have all the speculation/opinion you can have there already, without seeing the car at WOT in person.
Could be an issue or could be something simple.
Either way, if you cant solve it take it to a reputable honda mechanic, easiest way to find out if you cant solve it yourself or with the specualtion already given to you.

And i thank you guys for that :) Just seeing if anyone else has any other suggestions thats all. Rather check everything i can before taking it to a mechanic.

Zinyo
15-06-2010, 06:09 PM
had this a while back but it was still considerably loud at WOT. Basically i cleaned the filter, changed the engine oil cos i found that although oil level was fine it was dirty....it felt better afterwards. In terms of loudness though, it could be your ECU have adjusted to your injen since i find that over time the hissing noise of the intake has quieten down a bit.

WATAJK
15-06-2010, 07:32 PM
had this a while back but it was still considerably loud at WOT. Basically i cleaned the filter, changed the engine oil cos i found that although oil level was fine it was dirty....it felt better afterwards. In terms of loudness though, it could be your ECU have adjusted to your injen since i find that over time the hissing noise of the intake has quieten down a bit.

Ahhh haven't heard this answer before. I'll be changing the filter over when i can but i won't change the oil as car was just serviced 4 weeks ago roughly... didn't give it a hard time before i lost my license so yeah

Thanks for that :)
Any other responses would be good.

dc2r-0636
18-06-2010, 10:22 PM
did u put a hydro cover or what eva they call it over your pod filter afta u had a ''problem'' with water ? so its not as open now ?

WATAJK
20-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Nope she still free as a bird mate... Planning to take the car for a long drive to maybe ballarat or bendigo or something to get the engine run in again as it hasn't had any long drives since i lost my license... possibly might be because the fluids haven't been moved around and have just sat there but i don't know exactly.