PDA

View Full Version : K20A Standard ECU

quang
15-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Hi just a quick one,
Had a quick search couldn't really find what i was looking for.

if you do a K20a conversion into a EK, can you still use the stock ECU? or do you have to get a aftermarket one?

Thanks

curtis265
15-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Pretty sure you need either a K20A ecu or an aftermarket

chargeR
15-06-2010, 10:10 PM
JDM DC5R ECU (PRC) or aftermarket is the best choice. No immobiliser function in the JDM ECU. An unmodified AUDM/USDM ECU will not start the car without the full immobiliser system in place, which means getting the keys and ignition barrel out of the car the ECU came from and wiring it up as per the original DC5 (or whatever) condition.

quang
16-06-2010, 06:22 PM
whoops, after reading my initial post i made a mistake, i meant the reusing K20A ecu not the ek ecu.
So pretty much either it has to be the JDM K20A ecu, aftermarket or i have to get the whole immobliser system + K20A AUDM ecu?
In short, can i use the standard K20A ECU?
Reason being is the class i want to compete in, is improved production which means no aftermarket ECU's allowed only standard. just doing my research. :)

Nepolian
16-06-2010, 06:52 PM
You need to use JDM ECU being PRC/PRD as the PRB has the stated immobiliser function.

G-Stick
16-06-2010, 07:15 PM
whoops, after reading my initial post i made a mistake, i meant the reusing K20A ecu not the ek ecu.
So pretty much either it has to be the JDM K20A ecu, aftermarket or i have to get the whole immobliser system + K20A AUDM ecu?
In short, can i use the standard K20A ECU?
Reason being is the class i want to compete in, is improved production which means no aftermarket ECU's allowed only standard. just doing my research. :)

JDM DC5R ECU (PRC) or aftermarket is the best choice. No immobiliser function in the JDM ECU. An unmodified AUDM/USDM ECU will not start the car without the full immobiliser system in place, which means getting the keys and ignition barrel out of the car the ECU came from and wiring it up as per the original DC5 (or whatever) condition.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

quang
16-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Awesome, thanks for all your help guys!