PDA

View Full Version : DC2 Integra - Where to get suspension changed to ITR in Brisbane?

crx51
16-06-2010, 10:07 AM
Hey all,

I've just purchased and picked up a 98 Integra VtiR. I'm stoked with the car, having owned two ED9 crx's I love how similar it feels, only it's smoother and more comfortable and quicker. It's not a rocket but it's fun, and that's what i want in a car.

Anyway my question is this- I love mountain roads and nice drives like that and want to have it handle a bit flatter so I've already purchased some ITR suspension and rear LCA's and will be buying ASR rear brace and JDM ITR Rear sway bar soon. I want to know where to get this all fitted though? I just don't know if it will confuse people being that LCA's must be changed and things, and i've read of people fitting the ASR brace incorrectly because they didn't drill the subframe and things... I thought it might be best to seek out someone that has experience of fitting all these things to an Integra?

If anyone knows anyone in Brisbane that could do it at a reasonable price that would be great??

Looking forward to getting out for another Honda cruise with everyone.

Regards,
Scott

96VTi-R
16-06-2010, 07:07 PM
Hey bud if your looking for a garage to take it to try Centrax, 999 Auto, Hi Power Racing or 101, they all have experience with Honda's and would be able to help out

riruiz_88
16-06-2010, 07:13 PM
do it all your self dude, will save massive dosh and learn more about your car.
damn i would even offer my help man (not too far away :-p)

crx51
16-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Thank you both very much for your replies.

I was contemplating doing it myself, I was just a bit worried due to the fact it's an important safety part of the car. Installing intakes and things are easy enough and safe. I am just a little worried about playing with suspension or brake components.

If you would genuinely be able to give me a hand with fitting all the suspension and you have had some experience in doing so I'd love to take you up on it. I just want to know it's all done right, so let me know if you're confident and we may have to catch up. : )

Otherwise i'll speak with the other traders that hae also been provided.

Again, thank you both for your replies.

Vvvtec
18-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Congrats on the car man, do you mind me asking which vti-r you picked up? Was it on carsales?

espionage85
18-06-2010, 12:46 PM
easy enough to do it yourself, saves you money n you learn,
i did all mine myself last week, just jave to make sure all the nuts n bolts are tight

crx51
19-06-2010, 12:12 AM
Vvvtec - Yeah the car was on carsales. I'm loving it already. Silver 98' vtir with 108kms on it. It has full documented history. Basically 2 owners. First guy for 4 years, then older lady owned until a year ago and since then her daughter has had it. It's in really good nick, inside is 100%, Engine/gearbox/clutch and everything are fantastic. Exterior, paint is nice and shiny and no crashes or anything. had a shallow but annoying dent on the rear quarter panel (i'm an@l) and a couple of tiny tiny dents on bonnet. All gone now though.
Today I got it serviced and had a dent removal guy come out and pay it some attention. VERY happy with the result. Can't even see where the dents were. Now tomorrow i'm doing a full detail with polish and wax. In the service i got an upper engine clean and all new transmission (honda mtf) and engine oil (royal purple). I was amazed at the difference it made. Apparently there was a lot of carbon buildup (probably due to an older lady using it to drive to the shops and church ..).

Anyway, i've had it 3days and i'm in love.. haha.

espionage85 - I'm going to give it a go with some generous help from another forum member. Will report back when it's done in a few weeks.

tiah313
19-06-2010, 12:50 AM
so do u prefer dc2 or crx

crx51
19-06-2010, 02:07 AM
so do u prefer dc2 or crx

I'll always have a definite soft spot for the CRX. I've owned two of them and I love everything about them except that they're getting old. If I were rich I'd love a brand new 1989 crx straight off a production line! : ) I love the looks and how light it is. The engine (d16a8) with its long stroke felt torquey pushing the small body around. Steering felt direct. I'd love another one brand new. But I'm an@l about ittle niggly things and they start to creep up. My crx was an 89 with only 48000 genuine documented kms when i got it. Still had spots of rust in sunroof and fuel door... Rust is angering. So if I could have a new one i'd love it!! I'd take it over many much more expensive cars.

The integra is great though. It feels a lot like a grown up crx. It's a very familiar driving position, seats feel the same, steering wheel feels the same, boot release, fuel door release, power windows and mirrors controls and sunroof control and even the smell of the car are all very similar. The integra is smoother and quieter, it has a back seat (although only really for young kids), is marginally quicker and has heaps of parts available for it. I'm loving it at the moment and I think with some stiffer suspension and sway bars in it and maybe a cold air intake for some added aural excitement and i'll be very happy.

I'd really love a DC2R still and I think i'll probably own one still one day. Just a couple of years between now and then though. : ) The VTIR really is great though.

Vvvtec
19-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Vvvtec - Yeah the car was on carsales. I'm loving it already. Silver 98' vtir with 108kms on it. It has full documented history. Basically 2 owners. First guy for 4 years, then older lady owned until a year ago and since then her daughter has had it. It's in really good nick, inside is 100%, Engine/gearbox/clutch and everything are fantastic. Exterior, paint is nice and shiny and no crashes or anything. had a shallow but annoying dent on the rear quarter panel (i'm an@l) and a couple of tiny tiny dents on bonnet. All gone now though.
Today I got it serviced and had a dent removal guy come out and pay it some attention. VERY happy with the result. Can't even see where the dents were. Now tomorrow i'm doing a full detail with polish and wax. In the service i got an upper engine clean and all new transmission (honda mtf) and engine oil (royal purple). I was amazed at the difference it made. Apparently there was a lot of carbon buildup (probably due to an older lady using it to drive to the shops and church ..).

No way! I was saving for this exact car! I went out and looked at it, had a test drive. It sure is in beautiful condition isnt it..

Ah well that's a bummer, but i'm glad it ended up in your hands, I was scared if I didnt get my shuit together and buy it in time, it was going to end up in the wrong hands and get thrashed.

Even though i'm abit sad, congrats! Haha :)

crx51
21-06-2010, 01:05 PM
No way! I was saving for this exact car! I went out and looked at it, had a test drive. It sure is in beautiful condition isnt it..

Ah well that's a bummer, but i'm glad it ended up in your hands, I was scared if I didnt get my shuit together and buy it in time, it was going to end up in the wrong hands and get thrashed.

Even though i'm abit sad, congrats! Haha :)

Mate that sucks we were both looking at the same car. He'd told me someone was looking at it and trying to sell before they could buy it. Sorry to hear it was you. Hopefully you'll find another one similar and we'll get out on a cruise together sometime. They do come up. There was a white one on carsales about 10weeks back with a genuine 45kms or something on it. So you will find another, just need to keep a keen eye on carsales. Hope to get out on a cruise with you soon!

Vvvtec
22-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Mate that sucks we were both looking at the same car. He'd told me someone was looking at it and trying to sell before they could buy it. Sorry to hear it was you. Hopefully you'll find another one similar and we'll get out on a cruise together sometime. They do come up. There was a white one on carsales about 10weeks back with a genuine 45kms or something on it. So you will find another, just need to keep a keen eye on carsales. Hope to get out on a cruise with you soon!

Yeah that was indeed me, I've been trying to sell my EG but didnt manage to do it in time.. Dont worry bud, I'm happy you got it, because from the sounds of it you LOVE IT and that's what that car deserves! :D

I went and looked at that white one with 45,xxx on it, i'm not sure if you did too, but your one was in better condition imho. You scored!

And definitely, i'll keep an eye out for you around dude, and we'll catch up at a cruise sometime for sure.

crx51
23-06-2010, 01:21 PM
Mate I should be on the 04th July cruise. If you're coming along let me know. Should be good.