PDA

View Full Version : RBC Intake Manifold

Nuci
16-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey all,

I have a few questions on the RBC intake manifold. Ive searched both on here and elsewhere for information but theres a few different stories and it seems to have confused me more...

1. What cars run the RBC? (Any AUDM Honda models?)
2. Is it a direct bolt on replacement for the PRC found on the AUDM DC5R? (If not, what is involved in getting it to fit, easy to do?)
3. Are there gains to be had even if the internals and ECU are standard?
4. DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE THEY WANT TO SELL???

My car has currently got JDM headers and cat, K&N SRI (soon to be replaced with INJEN CAI), Spoon 65mm throttle body, but is otherwise standard. Future plans are catback exhaust and Hondata K-pro.

Any help people have would be great. Cheers.

iversonruls
16-06-2010, 01:47 PM
yes RBC needs to be modified for dc5 but u can get modified ones that would fit from ebay.

btw any problem with idle using the spoon tb on stock ecu?

Nuci
16-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Not sure mate i have the spoon tb but i havent had it fitted yet. Figured i might as well wait until i get the CAI and intake manifold sorted first, save me taking it apart three times. You looking into one? Ive only heard god thinga about em, it is spoon after all :)

In what way does the RBC need to be modified? DIY-able?

EG5
16-06-2010, 01:59 PM
1 . JDM Honda Accord Euro R and USDM civic SI
2. AUDM DC5R is running PRB Intake manifold . It is direct bolt on once its cut to suit the intake manifold gasket found on AUDM / JDM DC5R
3. Yes

Lowiez
17-06-2010, 12:04 AM
Hey all,

I have a few questions on the RBC intake manifold. Ive searched both on here and elsewhere for information but theres a few different stories and it seems to have confused me more...

1. What cars run the RBC? (Any AUDM Honda models?)
2. Is it a direct bolt on replacement for the PRC found on the AUDM DC5R? (If not, what is involved in getting it to fit, easy to do?)
3. Are there gains to be had even if the internals and ECU are standard?
4. DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE THEY WANT TO SELL???

My car has currently got JDM headers and cat, K&N SRI (soon to be replaced with INJEN CAI), Spoon 65mm throttle body, but is otherwise standard. Future plans are catback exhaust and Hondata K-pro.

Any help people have would be great. Cheers.

RBC, buy it 'pre cut' then it will be a bolt on.
Stock internals no cams DC5R will see insignificant gains. DC5 type S' stock cams respond a bit differently and with I/E/H you'll see something small like 7hp atw top end. Tune it with a kpro and the results will be much better and probably 15kw atw+, esp. if a larger TB.
untuned the larger TB will be pretty much useless with a stock motor.

Very good mod to get if you are planning Kpro :thumbsup: and if you already have a larger TB

iversonruls
17-06-2010, 12:23 AM
there should be gain with dc5R and not much gain with type S!

r3ckless
20-06-2010, 06:29 PM
there should be gain with dc5R and not much gain with type S!

Thus why im not planning on getting it.

Nuci
21-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Ok cool thanks for the heads up. Cheers.

AsHw3e
26-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Worth buying an RRC over RBC? .. cost wise n etc

Lowiez
27-06-2010, 04:25 PM
On the type-S RBC is a very minimal difference, just a bit in the top end.
RRC is much more expensive but you will see more of a benefit mid range and top end.

Nepolian
27-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Worth buying an RRC over RBC? .. cost wise n etc

Untuned, probable not much difference!

Even tuned on stockish (no I/H/E) engine may not be much of a difference. Spend money on supporting mods and maybe cams and so on may show more of a difference between the two!

A decent I/H/E with a larger TB etc...would be nice!

AsHw3e
28-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Yeah already got I/H/E .. also getting an RBC n ECU then tune. But still 50/50 on the RBC if the RRC is worth getting? But the price ive come across with the RBC is to hard to say no LOL. Cams i've been thinking about but still not so sure yet. TB.. is it better to get it with the IM then tune if you dont go with cams?? Or is the TB only good when getting cams?

Nepolian
28-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Cams i've been thinking about but still not so sure yet. TB.. is it better to get it with the IM then tune if you dont go with cams?? Or is the TB only good when getting cams?

Best to get all done prior to tune to save on tuning costs. With T/B I look at it as a complete breathing package with manifold and cams etc....on its own they dont usually make much of a difference!

AsHw3e
29-06-2010, 12:45 PM
What if I didn't want to get cams n I wanted to leave it as I/H/E and I/M plus tune. Is it better to get a TB aswel?

Lowiez
29-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Not necessary but TB would complete the system nicely.
TB won't do much at all without more aggressive cams but.

Another advantage of having a bigger TB is to match the port size of the RBC/RRC/whatever IM and eliminate the need to use adapters and things

AsHw3e
29-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Sweet npz. Thanks 4 that mate. Will keep that in mind. Any TB u suggest that's good for dc5r's? Also is it worth getting the RRC? Still unsure if I want to pay that extra bit 4 it as i've come across are real good price on RBC.. Hmm

JDM-05R
29-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Sweet npz. Thanks 4 that mate. Will keep that in mind. Any TB u suggest that's good for dc5r's? Also is it worth getting the RRC? Still unsure if I want to pay that extra bit 4 it as i've come across are real good price on RBC.. Hmm

if your just gona have bolt ons then i dont see why spending the extra money on the RRC would do much justice. also spending even more on a biger TB. the RBC will also need to be bored out in order to have the same bore as a non OEM TB. I do recommend getting a RBC tho

in my opionin i would not waste my money on a TB id rather put a bit more extra cash onto and get my self a Kpro

but hey thats just my 2c

Lowiez
29-06-2010, 04:48 PM

TB = search search search

RBC vs RRC = search here search CITR search CRSX search everywhere...and even search this thread, already been answered (and you even asked the question)

heres two links. and finding those took 2 seconds

http://www.superstreetonline.com/techarticles/sstp_1002_k_series_intake_manifold_shootout/index.html
http://forums.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=8142&highlight=intake+manifold

if your just gona have bolt ons then i dont see why spending the extra money on the RRC would do much justice. also spending even more on a biger TB. the RBC will also need to be bored out in order to have the same bore as a non OEM TB. I do recommend getting a RBC tho

in my opionin i would not waste my money on a TB id rather put a bit more extra cash onto and get my self a Kpro

but hey thats just my 2c

Depends what car you have.
DC5-S = very minimal gain and point of getting RBC. >6hp top end ONLY, no other gain and slight loss at low end
DC5-S with RRC = mid range gain and something like 15hp top end and a bit of torque. but costs 2x RBC atleast
So if you have the DC5S RBC isnt worth it all really. So a IM upgrade would need RRC to be effective

DC5R is a different story. RBC will see a bigger gain, but RRC will again be a bigger one.

DC5R= PRB
JDM DC5 = PRC

RRC>RBC>PRC>PRB
15hp>5hp>3hp>stock (From the perspective of a DC5S)(TOP end gains)
$800?-$400-$200-$0 (estimate)

TB is sorta expensive and I agree that on a pretty stock motor there are no real advantages to be had except ease of fitment.

Talking about saving cash/value for money, if that is going to be a big objective in modification of your k20 save your money and buy a turbo :D
No such thing as value for money here hehe, as you can see ^^^^ the gains are very little without a tune and not staggering even with one, and all you're doing is squeezing money out of a little 2.0L normally aspirated k20 which is hard without big expensive modification

JDM-05R
29-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Lowiez;
^^^

nice response, very good information and research :thumbsup::thumbsup: