PDA

View Full Version : mugen vs mugen replica grill/lip/kit etc

nvmee
17-06-2010, 10:37 AM
is there a difference between things such as the grill which does not scrape on the ground?

i do understand that the kit does scrape on the ground but with careful driving and not a super stupid low stance surely it would last just as long?

is the minor differences worth the extra money?

pancake
17-06-2010, 10:57 AM
replicas are never a perfect fit, or very rarely

nvmee
17-06-2010, 01:52 PM
well thats where i disagree, its been very much good fitting to me. the extra money isnt justifiable. any other opinions?

Tai
17-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Replicas weigh more than the genuine one and usually arent as duarable.

Not only that supporting replicas will hurt the original designers company as all that hard work into R&D will be pointless as people will just buy the fake crap.

And I guess the other thing is you will look like a poser sporting fake stuff.

Say no to Fake stuff !!

nvmee
17-06-2010, 02:48 PM
i do understand where you are coming from? but does it matter if the grill is much more durable? lol im sure if you hit the lip hard enough it would break too.

Tai
17-06-2010, 03:04 PM
I've seen alot of genuine kits compared to replicas, and in accidents usually the genuien stuff just flexes under impact or load or cracks slightly where as majority of replica stuff just smashes into pieces.

you've already got the replcia kit I dont see the point in this thread, it seems more like you're gloating about yoru kit against the genuine thing because its cheaper and 'fits' just as good.

MikeyG
17-06-2010, 04:08 PM
^^ agree

nvmee
17-06-2010, 05:02 PM
lol just trying to make a point to a mate thats all... so far its all for real and not even considering the dollar value.

FDBenni
17-06-2010, 05:18 PM
If its just cosmetic parts like lips etc i wouldnt hesitate to buy replica, but I'd want a test fit first. You'd be saving about 300-400% on the real deal, just don't pass it off as real and its all good.

p3akin
17-06-2010, 07:09 PM
australia says no to fake parts lol

Mugen_Euro
18-06-2010, 02:02 PM
LOL i have a GENUINE mugen kit on my car, a car hit me yesterday and im prety sure if i had a fake kit the rear bumper would have shattered where mine just came off my body, bent and cracked in one place... thats the difference, that being said i wouldn't hesitate in buying a replica as it saves you alot of money which you could invest in making your car beastly :D dont mind the haters, they look the same enough said.