PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Help needed: Jazz HU wiring

Kit
22-12-2004, 10:30 PM
I set off and attempted to install the double din centre console and headunit tonight.

let me just say this: In this respect, the Jazz is a total pain in the ass to work with.

I have managed to remove the stock panel install the double din console and stickers and everything, alas, scratching a few things and losing a screw down the chute of the centre console somwhere.

anyway, the wiring harness that i bought doesn't fit the stock honda wiring loom.

so i've been left with no choice but to snip the stock wires and wire it into the Pioneer harness....

Here is the help i require:

- what each coloured wire for the stock honda wiring loom corresponds to.
- how to plug the antenna wire into a Pioneer headunit.

I'll post some pics below.

Kit
22-12-2004, 10:30 PM
here is the wiring harness:

http://home.exetel.com.au/c.ho/harness.jpg

and this is the antenna plug:
http://home.exetel.com.au/c.ho/antenna.jpg

TypeG
22-12-2004, 11:06 PM
LOL
that's not a pain for me
i did it within 30 mins
for which wires for which wires... i suggest u to use the power meter to test it since i cant be fxxk to pull them apart again. speakers wires is easy to guess i reckon
for antena, i give up getting it since it need an adaptor for it. I think you have to ask some professional for that special adaptor since it seems like it is specific for this headunit

Kit
23-12-2004, 12:14 AM
yeah, i found it interesting that honda went and used a dodgy non standard headunit that had a weird antenna plug!

dc
23-12-2004, 07:20 AM

i thought id brought up the harness 'issue' b4 ? .....anywho.....

the 20 pin harness in the jazz is the supposedly the same as current model civics etc but the harness that u can buy...aerpro etc is only for the older hondas...no1 sells the harness...autopro motoquipre supercheap autobarn ffs trust me i tried.....
the only place i found it is online from us....but i didnt bother

for diy splice:
w=white
r=red
blk=black
blu=blue
g=green
y=yellow
and ghey honda colours peach and ash

w/r = main/backup power
r/blk=illum (doesnt work for me)
g/blk=FL+
g/y=FR+
blu/w=RL+
peach=RR+
y/r=acc
blk=gnd
g=FL-
ash/r=FR-
blu/blk=RL-
blu/y=RR-

yeh the honda colors make sfa sense

for the antenna, i didnt really wanna cut it nor buy an adaptor so this is what i did

go dick smith or whatever n buy a bare plug that fits into ur hu's ant socket
then get a long piece of wire and solder one end onto the plug's core
a byproduct of this is u bypass the std antenna so instead of the short ant mod....u can take it off
that long piece of wire is now ur ant so wave it around n try out the reception
i havent bothered yet but u should probly have it running up ur A pillar...inside the trimming obviously...only 1 min job

if u wanna find that screw that fell into the centre console....take her round the block and give her hell then itll magically appear in one of the footwells

did that count as a write up?

btw can u post a pic of ur din pocket

Kit
23-12-2004, 09:04 AM

the 20 pin harness in the jazz is the supposedly the same as current model civics etc but the harness that u can buy...aerpro etc is only for the older hondas...no1 sells the harness...autopro motoquipre supercheap autobarn ffs trust me i tried.....

for diy splice:
w=white
r=red
blk=black
blu=blue
g=green
y=yellow

w/r = main/backup power
g/blk=FL+
g/y=FR+
blu/w=RL+
peach=RR+
y/r=acc
blk=gnd
g=FL-
ash/r=FR-
blu/blk=RL-
blu/y=RR-

for the antenna, i didnt really wanna cut it nor buy an adaptor so this is what i did

a byproduct of this is u bypass the std antenna so instead of the short ant mod....u can take it off
i havent bothered yet but u should probly have it running up ur A pillar...inside the trimming obviously...only 1 min job

if u wanna find that screw that fell into the centre console....take her round the block and give her hell then itll magically appear in one of the footwells

DC,

I only got 3 words for ya: "you're a legend!" :wave:

Yeah, you brought up the issue about the harness before. I cross checked it on a UK site, and they said it was the same as late model civics and accords. but what didn't occur to me is that UK jazz might be using same or similar headunit to civic.
Whereas the AU jazz, uses a no name made in china unit with non standard plugs (which i know now). :rolleyes:

anyway, not to worry about that cos I'll just refund the civic harness i got now.

I actually spoke to a friend on the phone last night and he recommended i take a way of deduction to determine the wires (that is, snip one, turn it on, see which speaker cuts out).

But luckily now that you have provided the wire colouring, I won't need to do that.

about the single din pocket, I bought a "turbo" pocket from Strathfield car radios at Castle Hill, its made for Nissan and Toyota.
They didn't have any Honda ones, but I just got it anyway. It will fit into the Jazz braket, but is only secured by 2 screws. It looks ok, not a perfect fit but better than a hole. It cost $26... much cheaper than the $70 pockets from Honda.

It actually has the pocket plus 3 faceplates. The smallest faceplate leaves a slight gap on the sides, the medium faceplate is a bit too tall. So you can either fit the smallest one, or sand off a bit off the top of the medium one to make it fit.

With the antenna, I have decided to buy a plug, and splice that into the stock antenna wire. That should work.

I'll take pictures tonight when I finally rewire the headunit into the jazz.

Chris

fasinn8
03-05-2005, 08:51 PM
does anyone know if you can buy a wire harness for the Dc2r .. i have a pioneer deck as well and i dont want to splice the wires

Jus-10
03-05-2005, 09:26 PM
To test the speakers as well, you can use a battery. Whatever battery it doesn't matter (OK maybe not a car battery). It will pop the speaker and you can tell where it is coming from.

It doesn't hurt the speaker...just incase you get lost somewhere....

Kit
03-05-2005, 10:38 PM
yeah, i used an AA battery to test mine.

swat
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM
But.......where did u guys get the FACE COVER ?? and how much ??

TypeG
06-08-2005, 12:34 PM
PM JDMyard

Tony
06-08-2005, 05:42 PM
My Jazz comes with standard antenna plug. Mine is late 03 model Vti-S.

vividjazz
06-08-2005, 10:15 PM
My Jazz comes with standard antenna plug. Mine is late 03 model Vti-S.

Does anyone know if it was the same head unit up until the new 2005 (released in late 2004) model or did the head unit change over time on the older models in Australia?

Philip Lee
07-08-2005, 12:52 AM
i think 05 spec radio has a retangular radio plug. while pre face lift has circular plug

zco
07-08-2005, 07:30 AM

for diy splice:
w=white
r=red
blk=black
blu=blue
g=green
y=yellow

w/r = main/backup power
g/blk=FL+
g/y=FR+
blu/w=RL+
peach=RR+
y/r=acc
blk=gnd
g=FL-
ash/r=FR-
blu/blk=RL-
blu/y=RR-

ffs someone on OH finally knows what they are talking about..:thumbsup:

crazyray
04-12-2005, 12:39 AM
can someone plz confirm that the 05 model jazz has the standard antenna plug

cheers