PDA

View Full Version : VAFC Tuner in Melb:::

INA
17-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Hi Guys, does anybody know where to install the VAFC and to tune it in Melb?

cheers:wave:

tOniies
17-06-2010, 07:31 PM
ak motorworks?

INA
17-06-2010, 07:32 PM
oh, ok, do u know any other place??

Mugen_Euro
18-06-2010, 12:39 AM
revzone i think its at ringwood btw its a expensive to tune coz u needa run it on the dyno revzone charge a bit ova 100 per hour and its roughly a 2 hour job to tune. personaly i reacon its a waste of money better of saving up for a aftermarket ecu if u got any decent mods/bolt ons

INA
20-06-2010, 10:35 AM
revzone i think its at ringwood btw its a expensive to tune coz u needa run it on the dyno revzone charge a bit ova 100 per hour and its roughly a 2 hour job to tune. personaly i reacon its a waste of money better of saving up for a aftermarket ecu if u got any decent mods/bolt ons

so if i want to install the apexi vafc, i have to dyno it? is it??

Mugen_Euro
20-06-2010, 07:46 PM
so if i want to install the apexi vafc, i have to dyno it? is it??
You CAN install a vafc without dyno-ing it... make sure you take it to a reputable place and have them set it up properly to suit your car. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH IT YOURSELF! i canot stress this enough do not change any of the settings or you may f**k up ur engine... in my case i did and i now have serious milage problems. Also you canot remove the device yourself unless you know how to do so properly. if you unlpug the device good luck trying to start your engine.

IF you want the vafc to be of any use id assume you want vtec kick in brought down - this will require time on the dyno revzone quoted me around 300 dollars which is about 2 hours on the dyno (note this is only for tuning does not include installation costs).
if you dnt want to tune the vafc DO NOT GET IT! it is a useless waste of money!

If you do get the item tuned be aware that if vtec is brought down u will run thru a fair bit more petrol if ur even slightly lead footed... and do not expect drastic increase in your performance.

My advice is if you haven't already invest in Intake, a decent set of headers most say 4-2-1 but i prefer 4-1, and a good exhaust system, and then save up for a piggieback or stand alone ecu. you will see much better results from these mods as vtec kick in in an i-vtec car is prety blaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you know...

INA
22-06-2010, 08:18 PM
You CAN install a vafc without dyno-ing it... make sure you take it to a reputable place and have them set it up properly to suit your car. DO NOT MESS AROUND WITH IT YOURSELF! i canot stress this enough do not change any of the settings or you may f**k up ur engine... in my case i did and i now have serious milage problems. Also you canot remove the device yourself unless you know how to do so properly. if you unlpug the device good luck trying to start your engine.

IF you want the vafc to be of any use id assume you want vtec kick in brought down - this will require time on the dyno revzone quoted me around 300 dollars which is about 2 hours on the dyno (note this is only for tuning does not include installation costs).
if you dnt want to tune the vafc DO NOT GET IT! it is a useless waste of money!

If you do get the item tuned be aware that if vtec is brought down u will run thru a fair bit more petrol if ur even slightly lead footed... and do not expect drastic increase in your performance.

My advice is if you haven't already invest in Intake, a decent set of headers most say 4-2-1 but i prefer 4-1, and a good exhaust system, and then save up for a piggieback or stand alone ecu. you will see much better results from these mods as vtec kick in in an i-vtec car is prety blaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh you know...

mm, that's kind a true, btw, i already have my intake, but i haven't fit it in yet. I plan to fit it in my car the same time as setting my VAFC, is it useful? or is it ok to install them separately?

@mugeneuro; i understand about the effect on the petrol, however can i tune it the other way around so i can have fuel efficiency? and i can set 2 types of tuning is it? one for fuel efficiency and one for performance? is it possible?

Mugen_Euro
23-06-2010, 01:59 PM
mm, that's kind a true, btw, i already have my intake, but i haven't fit it in yet. I plan to fit it in my car the same time as setting my VAFC, is it useful? or is it ok to install them separately?

@mugeneuro; i understand about the effect on the petrol, however can i tune it the other way around so i can have fuel efficiency? and i can set 2 types of tuning is it? one for fuel efficiency and one for performance? is it possible?

um you can make ur car run rich or lean, im pre sure lean wuld result in better economy if ur air/fuel ratio is 20:1 but the then ur car will loose a fair bit of power and running too lean is not recommended for ur engine..... furthermore im not sure how that would work with the CAI might be good might be bad.
But yes you can adjust the air fuel ration form the vafc.
My advice is install the CAI get some headers and a catback and get a stand alone or piggie back ecu, itll give you better efficiency when you drive conservitive and it will give you alot mpore power for those days where you just wana race xD
but it realy all depends on what you want to do with your car.
is it your daily driver?
will you use it on track?
do you want power or efficiency?

and its ok to install your CAI and vafc separately just make sure you install the CAI before the vafc or it will mess with your air/fuel ratio. and you dont need a professional to fit your CAI its actually very simple.

integral90
23-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Do as many bolt ons as you plan on doing before you install/tune an ECU

INA
26-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Do as many bolt ons as you plan on doing before you install/tune an ECU

hmm, that's a good idea, what bolt on do u think can increase the performance? i have installed CAI, what else?? can u suggest something?? :)

tony1234
26-06-2010, 08:37 AM
hmm, that's a good idea, what bolt on do u think can increase the performance? i have installed CAI, what else?? can u suggest something?? :)
Headers.Toda.Comptech

integral90
28-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Header + cat + catback (in that order of importance). If you want more power go for a bigger 06+ TSX throttle body and port the RBB intake manifold to match it. Obviously these are the modifications for power... if you want to increase straight line performance you'll see big gains from lightweight wheels and swapping to a lighter flywheel.

I'll be selling a header + cat + catback combo and a TSX throttle body in the upcoming weeks, if you're interested then send me a PM