PDA

View Full Version : B20 Bottom End Blown?

UN11QU
19-06-2010, 04:25 PM
hi guys, just wondering y a piston would blow and split the cylinder wall in a b20 block that has been built for high compression? forged pistons where used and the whole block was strengthened and it still blew. mechanical fault??

TODA AU
20-06-2010, 11:36 AM
hi guys, just wondering y a piston would blow and split the cylinder wall in a b20 block that has been built for high compression? forged pistons where used and the whole block was strengthened and it still blew. mechanical fault??
With such a small amount of info, I can't tell you exactly,
But a can subject you to one of my "recons" LOL
I recon... You had this thing built on a tight budget by someone who didn't really know what they were doing, but you went with them anyway to save money.
I recon your engine is not balanced correctly if at all,
I recon it was not machined with a dummy head,
I recon there is a considerable chamfer at the top of your bores,
& I recon you are using cheap parts (pistons / rods) & there is a fair bit of piston slap,
I also recon you don't have a Fluidampr & are using either a block guard (any type) & or cylinder posting.
I recon it's also possible your cams are on the larger size & the power arrives a bit later
& I recon the engine builder told the tuner to set the rev limit higher that common sence would dictate...

& finally I recon maybe next time, find someone who isn't a bullshit artist to build you your engine.

Alexplicit
20-06-2010, 12:19 PM
well said