PDA

View Full Version : Battery Problems

GraphiteEuro
19-06-2010, 07:11 PM
A few months ago I had to wait in my Euro for about 10 minutes and was just listening to the radio. When I went to start it, the starter just clicked and it wouldnt start.

I push started it and since then until today it has been starting fine.

Today I had to wait again for about 10 mins at the most with just the radio on, it happened again. The starter just clicked, but after a push It was fine again and starts normally.

The battery is the original one from when the car was new in nov 2007.

Does anyone have any ideas? or do I need a new battery and if so what should I buy?

Thanks

sodhi90
19-06-2010, 10:16 PM
3 yrs life for a battery is about right, and ive heard the original ones are shit. sounds like your battery is on its way out. Winter will probably end the battery. mine is from 08 and its starting to get sluggish.

minircc
19-06-2010, 10:54 PM
agree. time to change the battery. Century batteries are good.

djpro1
20-06-2010, 10:40 AM
If its the stock Euro battery, don't expect too much from it. I was listening to the radio for 5 mins and it drained the battery and it wouldn't even crank twice. You can tell that a battery is getting weaker by looking at the dash when you start the car up. if you notice that the lights are dimly blinking and sturggles to start, thats when you really need to change your battery since the battery is ready to die. I'd suggest you try a new battery and test its voltage first (you can go to any auto electrician or any service centre and they'll do it for you for free) Then if you need a new battery, just go out and get one (Supercharge Gold is pretty good $150 usually fitted). The only other problem that you might encounter is your alternator ie. not charging the battery properly but hopefully that's not the case. Just make sure you get the right battery because you don't want fluctuations so test out your headlights to see that they're not flickering weirdly. Best of luck!

GraphiteEuro
20-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks for all the input, its very helpful. What about warranty?, is the battery covered?

Thanks

aaronng
20-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Battery is not covered under warranty. It has its own warranty, but I think it is only for 1-3 years as long as it was not allowed to go flat. Have you check if your accessory belt is at the correct tension? The triangle indicator has to be in the middle of the small and large rectangles.

If you have to replace the battery, Supercharge Gold is good!

Neesmo31
21-06-2010, 07:02 AM
Hmm, i had my car playing yesterday for about 1.5hrs, then i left the passenger door open for about another 3 hours, and it started with the headlights on perfectly. Most likely be a newer battery though.

INOX battery conditioner. ABSOLUTELY recommend this stuff. I had one battery (century marine pro) in my skyline for over 5 years (with a massive stereo which i cranked day in day out) and it was still great when i wrecked the car.

:)

tron07
21-06-2010, 09:51 AM
my car is 06, had the batts changed early this year, so I guess its time for you to change your battery as well.

GraphiteEuro
22-06-2010, 06:31 PM
I rang the dealer and they said the battery has a 3 yr warranty and they want me to bring it in so they can test it.
If it tests bad then they will replace it. if it had been older than 3 years, and it tests bad, then they pay half.

will post back with the results