PDA

View Full Version : Doors auto lock when keys in ignition

MickEuro
19-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I'm new to this forum so I hope you all can be patient with me:D
I just got my Accord Euro lux 2004 for a few weeks now and the driver door actuator is stuffed. I'm in the process of getting that fixed. My next problem is that when I have the key in the ignition and close the door, the doors all lock...I don't think it did that before. Can this be turned off coz I don't want this feature (What if leave the car and doors close, i'd be locked out:()

androo
19-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Hi Mick.

Regarding the auto lock feature, it should only lock IF the key is in AND all the doors are closed. If one of the doors are open, it will not lock. Further more, it will only auto lock when the key has just been put in the ignition. It will not lock again until you turn the car off and on again. You shouldn't worry about the car locking you out!

Here's a test to ensure you are confident with your system - unwind the drivers door window, stand outside and close the door. Turn the key. It should auto lock. Now unlock the door from the inside. Open it. Now close it. It shouldn't auto lock again. Now repeat with the doors open. It shouldn't lock.

Provided the system is working correctly, you shouldn't have an issue with it locking you out!

Good luck with the car!

MickEuro
19-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the quick reply mate...I will try this now.

androo
19-06-2010, 10:41 PM
No worries! Good luck!

dougie_504
19-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I think my immobiliser has this feature because when I start my 1990 CRX SiR the doors both lock lol. Kinda annoying...

androo
20-06-2010, 03:03 AM
I liked it - Made everyone go :O