PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to install the Footwell LED to Accord Euro?

hacker_82
20-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Recently i have bought 1 pair of footwell LED, and thinking to install it under the steering and passenger side drawer.

i intend to make it work with the break system, that mean when i break it just light up but not all the time light up when i turn on the headlight. hope so you guy get what i mean.

that is something like this LED
http://www.tinxi.com.cn/Foto7/1532002-1.jpg

http://www.bigtimetones.com/ebay/int6inch3.jpg

Thanks

2MPRS
20-06-2010, 10:50 PM
if u want it to work with the brake system you would have to splice the brake light wire from the rear run it to the front and use that as the power. so much trouble just run a power directly from the battery and connect it to a switch so u can turn it on whenever as u wont be able to turn if off and ur pulled over by cops lol.

quangsuke
21-06-2010, 01:38 AM
the easiest way is to just hook the ground to the frame of the car and find the brake power line under the fuse box and wire it up and your done.

tron07
21-06-2010, 09:38 AM
if its 12v, I will just hook it to the light source at the ciggy area, on the light and you got light. I have DIY some LEDs for my cars before.

Anyway, do cops defect you for these courtesy lights?

quangsuke
21-06-2010, 02:32 PM
if its 12v, I will just hook it to the light source at the ciggy area, on the light and you got light. I have DIY some LEDs for my cars before.

Anyway, do cops defect you for these courtesy lights?

i think they could if they wanted too. obstruction of something.... depends on your luck.
have a switch =D

jahniel24
22-06-2010, 01:00 PM
we did this to my gf's dc5r. we had a switch on the side for it. it was meant to like the factory ones that the fn2r came with the option. you have 3 options.

1. is to wire it up on the courtesy lights so whenever you open the door it lights up.

2. as quangsuke said you take the green/red wire from above the pedal. just put a fuse between the wires. just to be safe. thats when you like it to open up when u hit the brakes. but thats going to be useless if you want it to open when your inside the car.

3. get a pos wire. (ei. from the ciggy lighter) put a fuse in between the wires just to be safe again. connect it to a switch. open whenever you like.

or add up 1 + 3 option. because adding up option number will make it non sense if you decide to leave it open when u drive around. its not going to make a difference if you decide to open it. so basically you have option 1+3. or 1+2. or you can all wire them up. so just think how you want it. ill help you thru wiring if need to be just shoot me a pm.

just remember FUSE IT. never let the positive connect without being fused. and for the ground just find a bolt near your location and it will be fine. hope this helps.

hacker_82
29-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I give up for the break light alrady as i cant find the correct wire..

Any1 can show me where is the dome line wire Where under the passenger n driver side? Wht color is it. My car is accord euro 04..

Thanks

ADM13R
14-09-2010, 07:52 PM
please dont!