PDA

View Full Version : Factory CL9 stereo ringing noise

minircc
21-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Not too sure if any of you guys have noticed it, however i get a ringing noise (high pitched white noise) from my stereo on low volumes. (ie. vol 1 or 2 is most noticeable) I can still hear it at higher volumes although the music covers it up a little.

I have heard it in other Accord Euros. Some have it, while others don't. :confused:

i have lived with it for a while, but it does drive me up the wall.
I have stock stereo and speakers. Haven't tampered with anything. MY2004.
anyway to fix it? i have googled without luck..

aaronng
21-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Haven't had a ringing noise in my 2004. Does it happen constantly or does it increase with RPM or with road speed?

tron07
22-06-2010, 08:48 AM
no ringing noise in my 06 as well... is this your car from new or you got it 2nd hand?

minircc
22-06-2010, 03:03 PM
i bought the car used from a one owner 40+ year old lady, so doubt she would have played around with it.. lol
my mates car, also a 2004 (bought new) also has the same problem - but he doesn't notice it.

it's actually very subtle and most people don't notice it, but apparently i good hearing (to my disadvantage)..

it does not change according to revs and is contant.. only audible when sound is soft or when there is a break between songs.

Simonnn
22-06-2010, 10:55 PM
I have this problem in my 2004 model too, noticed it as soon as I bought the car.. funny thing is no one else seems to notice it apart from me! annoyed me a lot but I've just learnt to live with it (that being turning the music up loud or not having it on at all :D)

Tell us if you find a fix! :)

djpro1
23-06-2010, 01:03 AM
I get a small noise in my cd player when its completely off and driving. Otherwise, why would u ever listen to the cd player at 1-2 volume ??
Maybe a cd clean might help.

Neesmo31
23-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Yeah mine does that, at low volume its noticeable (barely) at higher volumes its still there, but the music overpowers it. It wouldnt be your CD or anything like that, it will just be the quality of the system mate. You have to remember that car manufacturers are cheapo's and anything in a standard mass produced car are cheap as well.

Just crank the volume till you cant hear it anymore! :)

minircc
24-06-2010, 12:59 PM
thanks for the confirmation guys. i knew i wasn't the only one with super hearing.. LOL

for those who can't hear it. It is quite annoying and you can hear it all the way from level 0-9 from radio or CD, from then onwards the music overpowers the ringing sound, so you can't hear it.

i'm an old biscuit, so listen to GOLD FM and don't turn my stereo on full blast anymore.. LOL

if i find a fix i will share. i believe it is a problem with the HU and has something to do with wires/internal shielding, which is a pain.

Neesmo31
24-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Just one of those things, lot of effort to fix - minimal effort to get used to it lol.

Neesmo31
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Found this - may help people wishing to buy an aftermarket stereo.

http://www.soundmaster.com.au/Honda-Accord-Euro-Full-Dash-Facia-Kit-FP997864/FP997864.asp

adhunt99
12-07-2010, 10:49 PM
I definitely had this on my 03, but since I got my 05 this year I must admit I haven't noticed it!! Could be the earlier model had an issue...