PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to swap my two exhausts

xenonkuraz
21-06-2010, 10:49 PM
I've been quoted $150 for the job but I don't think it's a reasonable price considering the difficulty of the job (pretty easy, if I had a welder I'd do it myself). I just want to swap over the mufflers from my two cars.

Anyone know a place in Melb (preferably west side but doesn't matter) that can do it cheaper?

mykexd
24-06-2010, 01:43 AM
try going to "bro exhaust" its on geelong road.

i got mine put on for 50 bucks

mnc
24-06-2010, 04:09 PM
i do mine at highpoint mufflers. nice guys. goodwork and good on price.

mykexd
24-06-2010, 04:36 PM
yea i was told that the guys at HP do a good job also at a good price.

IEVAQ8
24-06-2010, 05:17 PM
if ur swapping mufflers from 2 cars, then its 2 jobs, so $75 a muffler, its not that pricy...

xenonkuraz
24-06-2010, 09:40 PM
if ur swapping mufflers from 2 cars, then its 2 jobs, so $75 a muffler, its not that pricy...

Yeah I figured that out shortly after posting and thought its pretty good lol. In the end it was a decision between Chris @ Exhaust Bros and Jordan @ Highpoint mufflers today and when I went to both they said they didn't have time on their hands. Go figure

bennjamin
24-06-2010, 09:56 PM
I've been quoted $150 for the job but I don't think it's a reasonable price considering the difficulty of the job (pretty easy, if I had a welder I'd do it myself). I just want to swap over the mufflers from my two cars.

Anyone know a place in Melb (preferably west side but doesn't matter) that can do it cheaper?

$150 too much for you ? what about the guy running the business - there is generally a 2 hr minimum reflected in any quote to cover labour. sounds like you are a tightass. Shop around - you might save $10 or $20..........

but watch as the muffler falls off as you drive off.

IEVAQ8
25-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Yeah I figured that out shortly after posting and thought its pretty good lol. In the end it was a decision between Chris @ Exhaust Bros and Jordan @ Highpoint mufflers today and when I went to both they said they didn't have time on their hands. Go figure

if ur in the western suburbs, go and see allan @ blitz custom exhausts in hoppers crossing, tell him tom who had yellow itr sent u..

xenonkuraz
26-06-2010, 01:16 PM
$150 too much for you ? what about the guy running the business - there is generally a 2 hr minimum reflected in any quote to cover labour. sounds like you are a tightass. Shop around - you might save $10 or $20..........

but watch as the muffler falls off as you drive off.

Thanks for the very unhelpful post.

The guys at Exhaust Bro's in Footscray got it done in 21 minutes (my girlfriend timed it) and it cost me a meagre $80, both welded with custom hangers.

Saved myself $70 by started this thread.

Thanks again champ.

-1 rep for you :)

mykexd
26-06-2010, 11:34 PM
+1 rep me i suggest BROS EXHAUST :P