PDA

View Full Version : buying my first honda

sl33kk
22-06-2010, 08:06 AM
hey guys i am a noob when it comes to hondas and i am looking at buying my first honda, after owning turbo cars(ma70 supra, r33 gts-t, wira 4g93) and a few other sh**box dailys and my current car nissan sr20, i have decided to try out my luck with honda as i have alot of mates who own hondas and they currently surpass my sr20's capabilitys with their v-tec's, and it would cost me over $4000 to convert my car to a sr20ve and i want to keep with n/a and thought if i cant beat em then join em....but my problem is that my budget isn't that much and i am not too worried about the quickness at the moment but i do want something with potential and i love the look of those jdm hondas running around. below are a few options that i have selected and could anyone help me out with what i should chose and why.

eg civic vti
eg civic si dohc
ek civic vti
accord vti
integra LS dohc
integra gsi
prelude si (eagle eye shape)

pablos8
22-06-2010, 08:10 AM
EG Hatchback VTI!
Rear disk brakes + sunroof and cupholders haha
it'll be ready for an engine conversion :D

Zilli
22-06-2010, 05:24 PM
out of the cars you have listed, only these have "vtec"

eg civic vti

ek civic vti
accord vti

The motors in all of the above are vtec motors that are geared towards fuel efficiency, and will not compare to an SR20, in my own opinion

the equivalent motors are the B series, more than likely the B18 found in the integra vtir, the integra type r (both dc2) and the B16a in the civic vtir... i would be going towards the B series motors if you want something similar to your SR20 in NA guise

SiR Vtec
22-06-2010, 05:52 PM
how much u got 2 spend?? tell us that so we can give u ideas of cars that u prolly didnt consider.

iann
22-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Yeah, how much are you willing to spend, but I think an EG or EK would be a nice car to own.

May I ask what car is your SR20? and i'm guessing its an SR20DE, since you said you wanted to keep with N/A?

sl33kk
23-06-2010, 07:34 AM
yea its a sr20de.....its a nx coupe.....i will have up to about $7000......and i thought the ek vti's dont have vtek and they were just sohc non vtek....learn something new everyday...

pablos8
23-06-2010, 08:44 AM
if its 'vti' it has vtec

vti models come stock with a SOHC vtec engine

b-series engines come with DOHC Vtec
for the $7,000 mark you can buy a b16a converted EG, or a decent condition VTI eg

if you're looking at doing the work and building it up yourself, <- only way to really enjoy a car imo, buy a GLi or VTi and you can do an engine conversion later on down the track

sl33kk
23-06-2010, 09:19 AM
if its 'vti' it has vtec

vti models come stock with a SOHC vtec engine

b-series engines come with DOHC Vtec
for the $7,000 mark you can buy a b16a converted EG, or a decent condition VTI eg

if you're looking at doing the work and building it up yourself, <- only way to really enjoy a car imo, buy a GLi or VTi and you can do an engine conversion later on down the track

ah ok...well for some reason every time i see a vti eg it has vtec on the rocker cover and on the ek's it doesnt say vtec on the rocker cover hencing i thought it was just lux version and didnt have vtec

sl33kk
23-06-2010, 09:23 AM
oh yea i forgot to mention that even tho i have 7k to play with i dont to intend on spending the whole lot on the car as i would like to buy the car and have some money left over to do some cosmetic improvements or engine/suspension improvements but need of saying that if i find a good car that has some of the stuff done to it and if it needs rego i would need money to rego it....i dont mind spending the whole lot if the car is worth it tho

Samm928
23-06-2010, 10:52 AM
integra LS dohc
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.8L DOHC.. reliable engine +1
faster than a carby +1
interchangable mods with dc2r +1
i had a LS as my first and loved it +1
its not a girls car like a civic +1
you can hellafush slam the biach +1
cheap and affordable +1
LSVTEC conversion if your serious +1
its not a b18c but its still a cool b18A +1

pablos8
23-06-2010, 11:18 AM
integra LS dohc
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its not a girls car like a civic +1

LOL, im not even going to get into that haha!

Premature Vtec
23-06-2010, 07:56 PM
Cant you get DC2 for around 7k

aznalex
24-06-2010, 01:04 AM
^
yes you can! but it may be in used bad condition and require some lovin

quangsuke
24-06-2010, 01:20 AM
hey buddy, my mate selling his EG b18C7 with tein coilovers, tuned at 120+ kw atw on hondata.
stretch your budget a little to 8k and save yourself the trouble of doing conversions etc.

car needs a tad of tender loving care.

pm me if interested.

sl33kk
25-06-2010, 07:11 AM
well i had a look at a few cars yesterday i looked at a very clean LS integra....seem to be in good condition...low k's.....so that is looking like a winner but then again i dunno....a bit old for me....i had a look at about 4 civics but were all thrashed and 2 of them which had very very high k's.....its hard to find a good clean honda at my budget i might have to be patient and let it come to me......i am going to look at a EK vti today which from the pics looks very clean but we will see when i go there......is there anything in particular i should look at when looking at a honda????

dciisir
27-06-2010, 09:29 PM
If you can stretch your budget a little, I would say maybe go for a Gen 5 Prelude VTI-R. They are powerful and have more torque so would be more enjoyable to drive on a day to day basis. They are not the best for track though. They can get as low as 8k. EG VTi is also a good option. They are good on fuel and you gotta love the sunroof. The price for EG civics are still pretty high considering the age of the car but I guess thats coz people buy them for conversions :D

Again it depends what you will use the car for. Are you looking into doing a conversion ? Do you like the VTEC crossover sound ?