PDA

View Full Version : peeling roof!

Cold Fusion
23-06-2010, 07:46 PM
hey all,

just brought a new car and its got a peeling roof, most of it is gone (clear coat) is there any sugegstions to what i should do? thinking about spraying it (either same colour or just black)

opinions would be great! thanks

MWAKU
23-06-2010, 07:50 PM
what you mean a new car? you mean a NEW new car? or you just recently bought a used car? best of respraying it same color, dont wanna look like a tool

Cold Fusion
23-06-2010, 08:21 PM
yeh sorry should of clarified, its an old car, 1990 :D yeh i was thinking re-spraying it but what would be wrong with having black roof?

androo
24-06-2010, 12:13 AM
Colour of car? Black roof looks good to some and ugly to others. I think it looks nice on the BMW's etc. I think it ruins the car's lines:

I know this is a DC2 but it's a good example. Regardless, it's your car and if you like it then all good! Only good thing is you can save money painting it black and if you like the look then go for it. No risk of having bad colour matching lol (I hate bad colour matching. I'd rather have a peeling or black roof then a badly colour matched panel)

aznalex
24-06-2010, 12:47 AM
black roof is the new black bonnet!!!
maybe it will change to black quarter panels sometime in the future...

Cold Fusion
24-06-2010, 07:09 PM
the car is a silverish blue grey sorta colour...i looked at it today and ill prob just go same colour as the car and hope for the best, there is rust idner the winshield (which i got replaced today) so i gotta bitta work to do :(

also the air-con/heater doesnt work at all...like one or 4 nothing comes out? can anyone think of what might be the problem?

cheers