PDA

View Full Version : Weight reduction

Engin09
23-06-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey guys sorry if this is a nooby question to some, but could you guys tell me the best ways of reducing weight in an s2000 :) thanks :D

JAP-S2K
23-06-2010, 11:22 PM
replace factory exhaust with stainless or titanium, remove a/c, remove sound deadener, replace factory seats with carbon items. From here on, minor weight reductions can be achieved by replacing body panels with carbon replacements.

STAiN MASTER
24-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Like Jap52k said, Changing the exhaust would be a big weight saver with some power gains. Take out tools and spare tyre, change seats to buckets, use carbon panels, light weight wheels, changing suspension also umm loose some body weight.. lol

These carbon doors are great weight saver if you can justify the price :)

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info.php?fPath=S2000&products_id=97

euromandeluxe
24-06-2010, 01:44 AM
Like Jap52k said, Changing the exhaust would be a big weight saver with some power gains. Take out tools and spare tyre, change seats to buckets, use carbon panels, light weight wheels, changing suspension also umm loose some body weight.. lol

These carbon doors are great weight saver if you can justify the price :)

http://www.gotuning.com/product_info.php?fPath=S2000&products_id=97

$10k! holy... pay to play

S2kane
24-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Eat nothing but rice crackers and salad and run on the treadmill for a couple of hours a day.

Seriously though.. I never fill my tank more than half way.. It feels so heavy with a full tank

Engin09
24-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Eat nothing but rice crackers and salad and run on the treadmill for a couple of hours a day

lmaoo... i have a friend who does that aswell :)

thx for all the replies and that door is just overpriced lol

vyets
24-06-2010, 03:16 PM
Eat nothing but rice crackers and salad and run on the treadmill for a couple of hours a day.

Seriously though.. I never fill my tank more than half way.. It feels so heavy with a full tank

But you don't want less then half a tank on track days lol which is what weight reduction is mainly focused for :D

You can also reduce weight by certain mods. Some coilovers are constructed with aluminum which is lighter then the stock units, forged brakes, intakes etc. etc..

Removal of stoftop!!!

The s2000 dosen't have much weight to shed in terms of "usless" items. What are you looking at weight loss for?

Ferrari
24-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Have you gutted your Soft top vyets?

brendan1990
24-06-2010, 07:21 PM
lose the spare and tools for sure, if you have a passenger you wont have anywhere to put the flat lol.

vyets
25-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Have you gutted your Soft top vyets?

Nops not yet, I need to hit low 1:42 or 1:41 at winton with full street trim and street tyres first before I will step my game up and start running semi's and stripping stuff out :)

ChromZ
25-06-2010, 10:45 AM
lose the spare and tools for sure, if you have a passenger you wont have anywhere to put the flat lol.

have you read your user manual yet?
more specifically what to do when u DO get a flat ;)

Honda arent stupid enough to design a car and then force the owner to place his flat in the passenger seat. the passenger seat is just for that, a passenger and not a flat.

STAiN MASTER
25-06-2010, 12:07 PM

Honda arent stupid enough to design a car and then force the owner to place his flat in the passenger seat. the passenger seat is just for that, a passenger and not a flat.

Doesnt the tool kit go where the spare tire went, then tire that is flat goes in the boot, the front tire goes to the rear axle if the rear tire needs to be changed then the spare/yellow tire goes on the front?

STAiN MASTER
25-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Hey guys sorry if this is a nooby question to some, but could you guys tell me the best ways of reducing weight in an s2000 :) thanks :D

In your dp is that your car on 20inch chrome wheels? going back to stock wheels will reduce weight :)

brendan1990
25-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Nops not yet, I need to hit low 1:42 or 1:41 at winton with full street trim and street tyres first before I will step my game up and start running semi's and stripping stuff out :)

im going to winton for the first time on i think the 3rd, or it might be the 5th, apparently they are having a track day then where pretty much anyone can take there ride for s spin, dunno if ill take my s2 on it yet but ill definitely see how track days work, is anyone on here going to it then?

Engin09
25-06-2010, 10:00 PM
In your dp is that your car on 20inch chrome wheels? going back to stock wheels will reduce weight

LOL NO THEY'RE 18!!!
haha if you read my introductory post it said they came with the car :p.. and yes im going back to stockies next week ;) when i get my coilovers

just bought Khumo KU36's for the stockies aswell :D

brendan1990
26-06-2010, 10:23 AM

ok jsut read my 'user' manual and yeah i guess it does fit, although maybe not if your running 255's on the rear or something.

vyets
26-06-2010, 07:48 PM
ok jsut read my 'user' manual and yeah i guess it does fit, although maybe not if your running 255's on the rear or something.

OEM ap2 rims are 17" and they run 245's on the rear.

ludecrs
27-06-2010, 01:45 PM
We just threw my flat on the passenger, that was on the passenger seat. LOL.
Unfortunately that passenger, was me..... :(