PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Gearbox?

ljy1990
24-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey guys,
I own a CRX Del Sol which i got not long ago and i seem to be having some problems with the gearbox..
For some reason, i am not able to shift my gear into gear1, unless my speed is on 0km/hr
so from a stop to a start it shifts ok, but once im moving and i make a turn to a steep hill and i would like to shift into gear1, my gearstick seems to just get stuck and not click into gear1. It feel as if something is blocking the gear from slotting in?
also another problem is that sometimes my gear doesnt click in properly, meaning i shift; for example: into "reverse". When i start to accelerate my gearstick starts to vibrate violently and something seems to grind inside whilst standing still.. but if i put it back into neutral and try again, it usually reverses out fine

any ideas what may be triggering this? or do i need a new gearbox?

thanks in advance guys =D

ranbridmax
24-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I too have that same problem.. 95 honda civic ek1!
but im not sure what the problem is! help on this topic would be good!

ljy1990
26-06-2010, 12:09 AM
i heard that some gearbox's are made to lock during high speeds to prevent miss shifts that can damage the engine or gearbox?
is this what i may have?

LLS
26-06-2010, 12:17 AM
Try tapping the throttle while shifting onto gear 1.

mugen_ctr
26-06-2010, 12:55 AM
its most likely ur syncros thats causing this, if ur gear box is making unfamiliar noises, than it obvious theres something wrong with the gear box, worn out syncros....

Change ur gearbox oil and go from there

cyryl07
26-06-2010, 01:42 PM
yeh man i second that change your gearbox oil. it will probably cost you round 50bux professionally done too.
i had the same problem as this and i just changed my gearbox oil and it did the job

ljy1990
26-06-2010, 03:27 PM
ah okay, i tried tapping the throttle and changing to gear 1 but that didnt help

i'll try get the gearbox oil changed then
thanks for the tip guys :)

stndrd
28-06-2010, 11:11 AM
when you get the gearbox oil changed, get the mechanic to see if either of the driveshaft oil control seals are leaking (i noticed early last week my b18c gearbox seals have started leaking) and as the oil level drops after heating up and slowly leaking out thru the seal, the same symptoms have arisen. i will be changing the seals tomorrow and changing the gearbox oil so i will keep you posted on how i go