PDA

View Full Version : APEXi Neo settings

ricerockets
24-06-2010, 09:44 PM
hey guys i just got my hands on a apexi neo and was wondering wat corrections and settings others are using in their euro?

aaronng
25-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Doesn't work properly with the Euro. The Neo doesn't have a camshaft position sensor input if I remember correctly and will give you CELs and the engine will go into limp mode.

ricerockets
26-06-2010, 09:37 PM
damn.... an i got all excited as well, its even got all the wiring diagrams and has the CL9 listed as a compatible car =( i hope APEXi know about this...

sodaz
26-06-2010, 11:55 PM
The NEO should work with the Euro cause I've driven one with one in it. The car ran fine too.

aaronng
27-06-2010, 09:02 AM
The NEO should work with the Euro cause I've driven one with one in it. The car ran fine too.

Wait til you drive it harder. When you drive the car hard and it tries to change the cam phasing through VTC, the fuel map won't match the angle that the ECU expects.

The NEO basically doesn't support iVTEC. The older VAFCII did.

Even Apexi USA themselves say that the NEO is not compatible with iVTEC. http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5347

tony1234
27-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Get a Haltech Interceptor or something similar.Reasonable price,fair gains and VTEC crossover can be lowered.Just make sure you use a good tuner.Also no CELs!

sodaz
27-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Wait til you drive it harder. When you drive the car hard and it tries to change the cam phasing through VTC, the fuel map won't match the angle that the ECU expects.

The NEO basically doesn't support iVTEC. The older VAFCII did.

Even Apexi USA themselves say that the NEO is not compatible with iVTEC. http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5347

I drove it fairly hard and it didn't give me problems then. But then again it might be a different story if you do that over the course of a few weeks.

ricerockets
28-06-2010, 09:50 PM
well... since i already bought it i installed anyway ill test it out and see wat happens